Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th October 2009, 08:04 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Tony Seddon

I just like them all, and am quite happy playing with other peoples toys while my own are in dock as it were.

It was good to get Mrs BF and the little firebars involved. Sarah and myself have done a lot of road miles over the years (pre children) and she never seems to get a look in at the rallys anymore, because we are always well crewed up.

A very pleasant weekend.

Perhaps she will get her hands dirty next year roading a little black Fowler about!
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th October 2009, 08:42 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Alistair Evans

All Joking apart mate it's always nice to know that the engine is in good hands when one is busy

Even if the brass needs a good seeing to the week after!
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th October 2009, 08:57 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roy Lambeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Firebar View Post
I just like them all, and am quite happy playing with other peoples toys while my own are in dock as it were.

It was good to get Mrs BF and the little firebars involved. Sarah and myself have done a lot of road miles over the years (pre children) and she never seems to get a look in at the rallys anymore, because we are always well crewed up.

A very pleasant weekend.

Perhaps she will get her hands dirty next year roading a little black Fowler about!
True, very true.
I was happy both at GDSF & Joe Nemeth's looking after a 3 inch freelance while its owner went off with his camera, while my own 2 inch is locked up some 200 miles away.

BC was a very pleasant weekend, just as you and your colleagues made this years GDSF much more enjoyable than or first visit last year.

Mrs Lampwortroy likes to get her hands dirty too. Just show her ANY engine and give her a rag and gets cracking - then demands a ride or a steer as compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th October 2009, 09:00 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8spider View Post
All Joking apart mate it's always nice to know that the engine is in good hands when one is busy

Even if the brass needs a good seeing to the week after!
BUSY!!! you say!!!! You never stopped!
It is good to know that so many locals in BC seem to think that you do it all for them. It is good to be appreciated by the folks attending the event.
  #15  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th October 2009, 09:10 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampwortroy View Post
I have started uploadingmy movies of this years event on YouTube. They were done on my Fuji digital stills camera using the movie facility. The first few were taken on the Saturday morning as they climbed out of the sawmill on their way to display in the cattle market.
The first one can found at:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSw8u7fHukY
There are now 22 short film clips on YouTube for your interest
  #16  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th October 2009, 04:51 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Steamer77 (Steve Lake)

Roy, when are you down again this year as you mentioned Scotland tour first. What are your planned rally dates down South, are you bringing your engine?

By the way I have realigned my water pump.
  #17  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th October 2009, 09:01 AM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer77 View Post
Roy, when are you down again this year as you mentioned Scotland tour first. What are your planned rally dates down South, are you bringing your engine?

By the way I have realigned my water pump.
Probably for Kemble,GDSF & Bishops Castle again unless anything else interesting is offerred. I will not be bringing engine as I would need a 2nd car to carry it.
  #18  Post / In Thread 
Old 31st October 2009, 11:28 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Firebar View Post

A very pleasant weekend.

Talking of "little firebars", one certainly has the measure of Dad!. Heard outside a pub in Bishops Castle, one little firebar said " Anyone seen my Dad?" - Answer " He is in there" pointing at pub.
Little firebar answered "Yes that will be right! He will be talking and there is beer in there"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What did the bible say "Out of the mouths of babes & sucklings etc., etc."................
  #19  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st November 2009, 08:26 PM
Engineer

Most of my time at BC Fair was spent taking movies or drinking with the gang, but here are a few of myphotos of the excellent event

3 identical views in the gathering gloom of the Saturday evening pub run

Who is that lurking on the left??

And lastly, pride of place. Bishop's Castle very own "Spider"

As with ALL my photos, if anyone would like a high res copy for any personal reason other than personal gain, please PM me. My photos were taken with the intention of sharing them.

Oh! I almost forgot. I have to put this one in on pain of death if I don't. The Stanley Steamer that stayed behind with Mrs Lampwortroy in the front seat ready to film a run in the steamer.

Last edited by lampwortroy; 1st November 2009 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Senior moment!