Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th June 2018, 05:29 PM
Engineer

Full Name: George Sunbeam
Default Boiler for a 4" Foster

I friends,

I am looking for a 4" Foster boiler as that of a friend is no longer usuable after 32 years.

Can someone help me with either contact data of comercial builders or just search the shed there might be an unwanted boiler - who knows?

Cheers,
George.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th June 2018, 07:03 PM
Engineer

Full Name: James Littlewood

Tony Baldwin at AJB Engineering is often the one people go to for Fosters: 01773 570805.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th June 2018, 06:33 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Naomi Cornish

Yes, AJB is who Live Steam Models recommend.... I put my order in March.... It's an 18 month wait.

There are others, and you can research about them yourself ... but AJB really do come out on top for quality etc.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th June 2018, 06:41 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Derek Skinner

AJB every time I have a 4 1/2 on order know he also supplied me with my 3 in Marshall
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th June 2018, 07:36 PM
Engineer

There is a boiler along with other project parts at Preston Services - all new but has been sitting around a while. If you want to wait, then sure, AJB is fab for them - just suggesting an option if you would like to get a speedy on. You could perhaps sell the other unneeded parts here or eBay etc.

Hope this helps.
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th June 2018, 08:04 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLit View Post
There is a boiler along with other project parts at Preston Services - all new but has been sitting around a while. If you want to wait, then sure, AJB is fab for them - just suggesting an option if you would like to get a speedy on. You could perhaps sell the other unneeded parts here or eBay etc.

Hope this helps.
I saw that and considered it as a little "short cut"... I did enquire, however, they do not have any paper work for that boiler so thought it was best to keep well away..... Besides that... getting all that rust off would have been an unsatisfying chore
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th June 2018, 10:04 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Edward Potts

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomicornish View Post
I saw that and considered it as a little "short cut"... I did enquire, however, they do not have any paper work for that boiler so thought it was best to keep well away..... Besides that... getting all that rust off would have been an unsatisfying chore
An incomplete boiler with no paperwork and a pile of rusty parts? Sounds like another Preston bargain.
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th June 2018, 10:39 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Edward Potts

There was someone advertising 4" Foster boilers on ebay. Can't find it now, Universal Steam perhaps?
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th June 2018, 04:43 AM
Engineer

Oh dear, didn't remember it being that bad! And of course he conveniently doesn't mention it having no paperwork until asked. Oh dear indeed. Sorry for the bum advice. At least you know you will get a proper good one from AJB.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th June 2018, 06:35 AM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLit View Post
Oh dear, didn't remember it being that bad! And of course he conveniently doesn't mention it having no paperwork until asked. Oh dear indeed. Sorry for the bum advice. At least you know you will get a proper good one from AJB.
No need to apologise - no one was to know unless they were potentially interested & asked.... They are a bit naughty for not coming clean from the start about that... I mean, it doesn't bother everyone... some have the £££ to get a boiler inspector to do the necessary....
I found Preston Services to be quite lazy with the advise they shared.... not all my questions were answered (I wanted the FULL list of what was included for the £2500) .... but perhaps they know full well that people would rather have a boiler with the paperwork with it.