Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th April 2011, 07:56 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Bob Allison
Default Trailer for sale or swap

I hope that I have now finished shifting heavy bits of my engine around the country , and so it is about time that I downsized my trailer .

I have on offer a 3.1/2 ton gross plant trailer . It is an Indispension Challenger , platform 12' x 5' 10" , 16' overall , c/w steel loading ramps and an angle across the front for a digger bucket to grab onto . The Challenger design has a low rail about 12" high around the platform , except across the rear , and this is part of the chassis structure . This results in an extremely rigid lattice design , and the rail around ensures absolute load security , and is very reassuring , not least to our friends in blue .

The Indispension rubber suspension is light and supple , though it takes a few miles to warm up . The tyres are serviceable , one is new , and I will supply a new wheel and tyre as a spare at cost . One rear lamp cluster wants looking at , as always , and I have a magnetic set which I use to bypass them . Number plate and marker lamps are working .

Friends who are used to Ifors remark that it tows beautifully , and the brakes are brilliant . The hitch is a standard ball item , but I have a ring hitch for it if required . The deck is due for replacement , but that does not effect using it .

I need a smaller trailer suitable for my vehicle , say about 1.1/2 ton gross . The Challenger has at various times carried my traction engine boiler , both rear wheels , a rear roll , a Bridgeport mill , and a Colchester Mascot lathe ,

Swap or sell . What have you ?

Ring me on 01327 - 87 77 86 , at any civilised hour .
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th April 2011, 08:01 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Bob Allison

Photos available , but I shall need your email address . Still too thick to post on TT

Hard price £ 800 .
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th April 2011, 08:17 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Tony Seddon

Email them to me Bob and I will post them for you!