Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th September 2018, 05:47 PM
Engineer

Full Name: James Littlewood
Thumbs up Hooter whistle 1/4" BSP

Hi all,

I've got a very nice hooter whistle for sale as I have not had an engine to put it on for quite some time now!

It is 1/4" BSP female connection, although this is small it's still a pretty loud whistle as what it lacks in diameter it makes up for in height!

It is 11" top to bottom including the connection at the bottom, and 1.5" in diameter. This should produce a very pleasing note and something a bit different to your usual sounds on the rally field. Being of a small connection size, could be suitable for a number of large scale miniatures as well as full size engines.

I believe this whistle is actually originally from a Class 08 diesel shunting locomotive. Almost all of them that had whistles had much shorter ones of the same style and all the same size, but a few select yards had various different lengths of whistles made to allow ground staff to identify different locomotives. This is one of the longest, if not the longest type made, and there are very few of them of this size around.

My asking price is £215, plus an additional £5 if you wish it to be posted to you - you are quite welcome to collect from me in Kent if you would rather.

Please feel free to contact me by PM to discuss, or ask for my email/phone number to discuss.

All the best,
James
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th September 2018, 06:49 PM
Engineer

Full Name: James Littlewood

Now sold.