Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st October 2013, 09:08 PM
Engineer

Full Name: james peter brett
Location: Loddon, Norfolk & Nassington East Northamptonshire.
Default Skeyton Trosh 2013

A lovely little event held in the depths or Rural Norfolk, near North Walsham. Has something for every one, and is very working demo orientated.

This year John Macks 1898 Fowler works number 8334 "Sussana" was driving the threshing tackle compromising of a Ransomes sims and Jeffires RM 54 Drum (owned by Scot Bunting) and Lanz Buncher. John Mack had a second engine there, this being his 1914 Aveling & Porter 8 ton single cylinder slide valve roller works number 8378 "James".

Normally seen as part of the Strunpshaw steam museum collection, Kiki Angelrath's 1924 Wallis and Steevens 8NHP single works number 7801 "Wanda" in the care of Glynn Moakes was driving Derek Kirk's home made rack saw bench.

The hoast, R W Randell had a duet of engines in steam, looked after and maintained by Steve and David Bush, these being 1935 Marshall 8 ton single cylinder roller 87618 and The oldest surviving Paxman portable 1900 8 NHP single cylinder fitted with Paxman patent expansion valve gear.No 11692.

Steve and Mary Bush had their recently aquired Sentinel/ERF Chinese 6 steam lorry JCN 898J "Typhoo." built by John Barracloughs using a ERF Lorry chassis and a Boiler and 100 HP engine from a EX-LNER Y9 sentinel shunting railway locomotive. His fireman, Shaun Holmes, also brought along his 4 1/2" Burrell "Lardy", this was joined by a 4" Burrell "Pam" (Formally Monarch) owned by Brian Catchpole and 6" Ruston Proctor 3 ton SD steam tractor "Runswell" owned by David Etheridge,

James Bretts 4" Burrell "Sybil" was on the belt as normal, and this weekend was driving R W Randell's Barcley Ross & Hutchison Barn drum. The previous weekend she had spent two days driving a Bamford Flour mill, milling wheat into flour at the Kettering steam and Vintage rally, and spent every weekend in august chaff cutting, and she was also working on the belt, sawing wood at the Reepham and Whitwell steam rally. Next weekend at the Pensthorpe vintage rally she will be driving a R Bobey Winnowing machine,

Other working displays include planting and harvesting potatoes, working motor plough's such as British Anzani iron horse's and a ploughing match with tractors from the likes of Ferguson Brown and early international's to 1960's Fordson Majors.

There was a range of stationary engines, all of the open cranks including makes such as Gardener, and International. A static display of bygones, vintage and classic cars, motor cycles, commercial vehicles, and tractors were also on display. In contrast to the vintage feel, a modern beet harvester was parked beside the access road.

There was a lovely relaxed feeling to the show, and where else could you get a large tray of Cod & Chips for just £5 that was both made from local produce and was very "Bootiful"

If you are in the Norfolk area during next years Skeyton Trosh, I can highly recommend a visit.

sorry for the poor quality of some of the pictures, I left my camera at home so these were taken on my phone.

(When we preserve our heritage, we protect our future!)

Lord Brett, Bygones Manor, Chedgrave, Loddon, Norwich, Norfolk
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st October 2013, 09:11 PM
Engineer

Full Name: david costello

Now that sounds like my sort of rally
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st October 2013, 09:14 PM
Engineer

Full Name: richard spooner

send me over the details please I will get it in next years diary

Richard
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st October 2013, 09:20 PM
Engineer

Full Name: james peter brett
Location: Loddon, Norfolk & Nassington East Northamptonshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richspoo View Post
send me over the details please I will get it in next years diary

Richard
Traction talks very own avelingwd3284 (aka Steve Bush) is one of the organizsrs http://www.tractiontalkforum.com/pri...do=newpm&u=407

(When we preserve our heritage, we protect our future!)

Lord Brett, Bygones Manor, Chedgrave, Loddon, Norwich, Norfolk

Tags
norfolk, skeyton, steam, theshing, trosh