Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th February 2010, 08:35 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Trevor Johnson
Default Sunday the 14th March - open day at Graham Atkinson's 'Scarborough Fair Collection'

Hello everyone,

I am delighted to announce that on Sunday the 14th of March we will be holding a very special open day at Graham Atkinson's 'Scarborough Fair Collection'.

Of particular interest to fairground enthusiast will be the fairground model show which is being provided by members of The Fairground Society (who are holding their agm at the collection the day before) in support of the launch of our own vintage fairground models which include a very fine Scenic, Gallopers and Bioscope show and we will be operating the full size vintage fairground rides at regular intervals.

All of the full size and miniature steam engines will be on show and we will be launching the latest mechanical organ to join the collection.

Admission is just £5.00 per adult and FREE to all under 16's and there will be no additional charge for the rides. Doors will be open from 10.30 to 17.00 and refreshments and a licenced bar will be available.

For those who have not visited before the address is:
Scarborough Fair Collection,
Flower of May Holiday Park,
Lebberston Cliff,
Scarborough,
North Yorkshire,
YO11 3NU.

If anybody would like further details then please feel free to contact me by PM.

Best wishes,

Trevor.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th February 2010, 07:38 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: spudman
Default Mother's Day

A nice treat for Mother's Day
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st March 2010, 12:40 AM
Engineer

Full Name: .

is this where the ex shaw's ark has been moved to?

cheers
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st March 2010, 05:14 PM
Apprentice

Default Sunday the 14th March - open day at Graham Atkinson's 'Scarborough Fair Collection'

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2 View Post
is this where the ex shaw's ark has been moved to?

cheers
Hi Woody2,

Yes, the ex Shaws ark is now at Graham's collection, it is currently in the process of being built up and having a few jobs done to it.

It is not expected that it will be operational in time for the open day, but hopefully it will be on display to visitors.

Many thanks for your interest,

Trevor.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:39 AM
Engineer

Full Name: .

i went by where it was stored the other day and guessed where it had gone

cheers
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th March 2010, 06:00 PM
Apprentice

Just a quick reminder that our open day is this Sunday (see above for full details). Hope to see some of you there!.

Trevor.
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th March 2010, 06:14 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mark Lewis

I'll be there
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th March 2010, 05:49 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Linda Dowey

Just wanted to say we went to the open day. I'd seen your notice on here and thought it would be a lovely treat for my hubby's birthday. So we went and my daughter, son-in-law and little grandson aged 21/2 years, what a brilliant day it turned out to be. It was £5 entry each and you could have as many rides as you wished while there. Because we weren't sure what the refreshments would be we took a packed lunch with us, but we still had a cuppa inside and a lovely piece of cheesecake. It was really worth the £5. After we left there we went straight into Scarborough for tea and a walk round. The family took the grandson onto the beach as the tide was going out. We returned home tired but happy. my husband said it was one of the best birthdays he'd had for a long while.
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th March 2010, 08:37 PM
Engineer

Full Name: keith flinton

didnt make it up this time, but have been to Grahams a couple of times now and cant wait for the extensions to be finished , if your up in gods county check the opening times and drop in listen to the wurlitzers on a wednesday for the tea dance, I cant dance but enjoy listening to the music and enjoying a proper cuppa not wishy washy rubbish.
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th March 2010, 07:01 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter1957 View Post
Just wanted to say we went to the open day. I'd seen your notice on here and thought it would be a lovely treat for my hubby's birthday. So we went and my daughter, son-in-law and little grandson aged 21/2 years, what a brilliant day it turned out to be. It was £5 entry each and you could have as many rides as you wished while there. Because we weren't sure what the refreshments would be we took a packed lunch with us, but we still had a cuppa inside and a lovely piece of cheesecake. It was really worth the £5. After we left there we went straight into Scarborough for tea and a walk round. The family took the grandson onto the beach as the tide was going out. We returned home tired but happy. my husband said it was one of the best birthdays he'd had for a long while.
Thank you very much for your kind comments about our open day, I am very pleased that you all enjoyed it. For a first effort at organising a model show it proved very successful and I would like to thank all the exhibitors for attending.

From the feedback received on the day from both visitors and exhibitors it would appear that people would like this to become a annual event and so I am delighted to say that due to this we are already working on confirming a date for next year.

The atmosphere was very good and it was nice to meet old friends as well as making new ones. Certainly the new fairground rides proved popular and dare I say it on a steam forum so did the new Mortier dance organ!.

Last edited by Trevor Johnson; 18th March 2010 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: Daft mistakes!