Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th January 2024, 11:03 AM
Oily Rag

Full Name: Michelle Barton
Default Chataignier 141 SCC Steamroller built 1913 for sale £31,000 open to offers.

FOR SALE: Chataignier 141 Steamroller 15 Tonne, Single Crank Compound, Built 1913, Reg BF 4053, Working Pressure 150PSI
A fantastic steamroller which is totally unique. The French firm of Chataignier only produced this example with the SCC cylinder block. This engine is one of only 3 examples of Chataignier engines known to have survived.
It has been all over Europe and reputedly worked originally in France before ending up in the Netherlands. It was brought over from the Netherlands in 2004 and had an extensive overhaul and the maintenance has been kept up with since then.
In recent years it has had axle and bearing work. It is on rubber tyres which help with slipping and with loading on to Lorries. The livery is reflective of what it originally would have looked like when new and is a chestnut brown. The engine has differentials, a water pump, is equipped with two water gauge glasses and has the original Chataignier pressure gauge together with a very spacious footplate and full metal canopy. An easy to get around and work engine. Overall, it is an impressive well-built roller.
In terms of the current boiler condition; the inspection carried out by ESIS (Engineering Safety Inspection Services) in March 2022 identified that it will need a new inner firebox before returning to steam. The mudhole doors are out at the moment and the steamroller will be supplied with a full set of seals to match those taken out.
Fire irons are also included and sheeting. She will also be supplied with the Bello nameplates and a fresh tin of each of the chestnut and dark brown of her livery as colour matched and mixed by Craftmaster paints. She really is a beautiful roller, but selling as wanting to move on to something else, so very open to negotiation on price. Please message for any more details or to arrange a viewing. Based in East Sussex. Email michelleartemis@hotmail.co.uk or telephone 07707816307 (leave a message if no answer, I do a job which doesn’t allow me to have my phone on)

Price £31,000 ONO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk