Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th January 2014, 06:45 PM
Oily Rag

Full Name: Jason Keswick
Default Steam on the Levels 2014 - Somerset

Westonzoyland Pumping Station Museum will be hosting Steam on the Levels again this year. On Saturday the 17th & Sunday the 18th of May 2014 we invite all to come along and see the South of England's largest collection of Stationary Steam Engines & Pumps and enjoy the vast array of special guest exhibitors. This has become a really successful relaxed event which has features that many other shows lack including an industrial 2ft Gauge railway with guest locos, original Grade II* Listed Pumping Station, Stationary Steam & Diesel Engines, Tea Rooms, Riverside Setting and views of the beautiful Somerset Levels.

Last years event was the best yet and we had fantastic support from Jerry Darch and Ian Gilliam (Trust Member) who brought along Princess Victoria and Ian's new Foster imported from Ireland. We would welcome any other steam machinery in any shape and size to this years event. Please contact myself at jason.keswick@wzlet.org if you are interested.

We welcome any exhibit, so please download a form from our Steam on the Levels page at http://www.wzlet.org/#!steam-of-the-levels/c10ca also browse around to see pictures from last years event.

I hope we will see you, either as an exhibitor or a visitor. Any questions get in touch.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th January 2014, 07:29 PM
Oily Rag

Of course just realised my mistake in the above post… drink must be on my mind as I meant Fowler rather than Foster!
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st January 2014, 02:55 PM
Oily Rag

Keep your eyes peeled for the new flyer promoting this event and our 2014 Steaming Dates, if you have anywhere to display these or hand them out contact me at jason.keswick@wzlet.org