Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th August 2016, 03:36 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Paul Kemp
Default Hollycombe Miniature Weekend

Hi,

Anyone got any details of organiser etc for the above? Looking to see if I can get in with my Ruston.

Thanks,

Paul.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th August 2016, 11:02 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Tony Dezell

I’m not sure which event you are looking to attend as there are two for miniature engines:-

Hollycombe Model Weekend - is 3rd /4th Sept; to enter that email info@hollycombe.co.uk

Steam in Miniature is held in May; this is an Annual Rally for West Surrey Model Traction Engine Club (WSMTEC) members plus an amount of visitors.

The rally is a very relaxed weekend with the emphasis being on having a good time; there are some guidelines to running engines around the museum but a lot of common sense is applied.

The club membership has a variety of engines from 2” scale up to 6” scale; most years there are approximately 35 engines on show, the museum usually opens both days.

I’m the organiser for the WSMTEC rally, the 2017 date has not been set yet but will be in May; PM me your details and I’ll see what we can do for next year’s event, invites go out in January.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th August 2016, 08:11 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Paul Kemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmcman View Post
I’m not sure which event you are looking to attend as there are two for miniature engines:-

Hollycombe Model Weekend - is 3rd /4th Sept; to enter that email info@hollycombe.co.uk

Steam in Miniature is held in May; this is an Annual Rally for West Surrey Model Traction Engine Club (WSMTEC) members plus an amount of visitors.

The rally is a very relaxed weekend with the emphasis being on having a good time; there are some guidelines to running engines around the museum but a lot of common sense is applied.

The club membership has a variety of engines from 2” scale up to 6” scale; most years there are approximately 35 engines on show, the museum usually opens both days.

I’m the organiser for the WSMTEC rally, the 2017 date has not been set yet but will be in May; PM me your details and I’ll see what we can do for next year’s event, invites go out in January.

It was the September one aim was interested in for this year thanks. Unfortunately I spend a lot of time working overseas, I'll PM you my email address and hopefully next year I will be in the country and maybe able to attend the earlier one. Thanks for the reply and apologies for the late response, I have been working.

Paul.