Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th June 2011, 08:46 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Anthony Coulls
Default Shildon Steam Gathering 9-10 July

As ever, the annual steam weekend is nearly on us for Vintage Vehicles Shildon's lorry museum. All welcome, 10am to 4pm both days.

Admission £2 adults and £1 children.

More information from Michael Bowman 07831 384754, also if you want to bring an exhibit/engine, large or small.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ta...n/332500333319
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th June 2011, 06:49 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roy Lambeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Hackworth Jr View Post
As ever, the annual steam weekend is nearly on us for Vintage Vehicles Shildon's lorry museum. All welcome, 10am to 4pm both days.

Admission £2 adults and £1 children.

More information from Michael Bowman 07831 384754, also if you want to bring an exhibit/engine, large or small.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ta...n/332500333319
Same weekend as Durham Miners Gala again. Sorry cannot make it tied up with colliery banners and brass bands all weekend
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th July 2011, 08:38 PM
Engineer

If all goes to plan, there "SHOULD" be the Boer War Fowler in finished form and the ex Whitby Fowler roller of Ian Craggs amongst those attending - usual disclaimer about availability and low loaders not being able to start etc!
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th July 2011, 08:54 PM
Engineer

I consider it very short-sighted of the organisers to put on an event such as this on the same weekend as the biggest annual political demonstration in Europe just 10 miles away. Apart from the war years, The Durham Miners Gala has been an annual event since 1871 and is now a great day out for all the family with a showground, political speeches, marching brass, military and pipe bands. I would dearly like to support my local event but cannot when it clashes with a huge event in my home town where I am actively involved with the organisation.
I hope you who are going have a great weekend. Sorry to miss it yet again.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th July 2011, 09:06 PM
Engineer

Apologies Roy, not short sighted at all - timed so it didn't clash with Duncombe Park the previous weekend and Masham the following one, also coincides with a tractor rally at Locomotion on Sunday. One of the problems, there are always more events than one can get to!
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th July 2011, 09:24 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Anthony Lister
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampwortroy View Post
I consider it very short-sighted of the organisers to put on an event such as this on the same weekend as the biggest annual political demonstration in Europe just 10 miles away. Apart from the war years, The Durham Miners Gala has been an annual event since 1871 and is now a great day out for all the family with a showground, political speeches, marching brass, military and pipe bands. I would dearly like to support my local event but cannot when it clashes with a huge event in my home town where I am actively involved with the organisation.
Sorry Roy, but you must surely be the only guy who has an interest in both steam and politics....
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th July 2011, 09:34 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Joe Black

I know which I'd rather go to to be honest Roy. There's two days in a weekend if punters go to both and there's not enough weekends in the year to avoid other events.
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th July 2011, 05:07 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Anthony Lister

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampwortroy View Post
Roy,

Were it still happening,this would have been the weekend for the Chester le Street rally when John Bainbridge was organiser. Looking out of the window now it would not have been much fun......
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th July 2011, 05:49 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyalc View Post
Roy,

Were it still happening,this would have been the weekend for the Chester le Street rally when John Bainbridge was organiser. Looking out of the window now it would not have been much fun......
I know and before that, The Durham County Show was the same weekend. I do not understand how organisers can arrange the 2 biggest events in County Durham to be the same weekend. We must be getting the thinking wrong somewhere. The clash of dates has been going on for years - just different organisers involved.
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th July 2011, 05:52 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

Roy, what do you demonstrate at this event? Mining tackle perhaps?