Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th December 2010, 02:48 PM
Engineer

Full Name: iain jubb
Default 4 wheel drawbar trailer - living van chassis

I'm selling the trailer we used last year behind the roller. Its perfect for towing behind an engine, it has brakes, rolls very easily so can be manouvered by a couple of people.

Its not seen any use and is in really good condition.

Its an ex-army trailer so is built to last. It was originally used for carrying gas tanks or something. The bed is approx 12ft long and 7ft wide with 4 wheel turntable steering. This in itself is very free and easy to move. Tows behind a 4x4 easily as well although its on a NATO ring so a normal pin/towbar combo struggles to fit. I do have some proper hitchs to bolt onto a standard towbar mounting though so no worries there.

The bed is in two approx 4' long pieces, the back is fixed and the front can be slid forwards and backwards. At the minute its spaced fully apart and a 1000 water container is strapped to the chassis. This then gives you 2 big platforms for coal, tools, seating etc.

I genuinely have no idea what its worth. It must be worth a few hundred in scrap!

I'm guessing offers around £1000 mark?

Its located near gainsborough,

Towed it a good way behind my fergie as well which didnt notice it was there.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th January 2011, 07:40 PM
Engineer

Full Name: iain jubb

Here are the long awaited pics! as you can see its in nice condition. i didnt mention its braked as well off the hitch as well as a handbrake.

I think its a nice size as it is behind the fowler roller, but the suspension units unbolt and it could be made narrower, wider, or shorter fairly easily.

open to offers