Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd September 2018, 10:04 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Andy Petra
Default Tow-a-van for 4" traction engine, well fitted out

Available is a Indespension twin axle Towavan trailer which will carry a 4” STW Agricultural Traction engine perfectly in it, or it will fit a 6” Ruston Proctor but remember that is a small 6” engine.
With its 7ft x 4ft size (not including the front nose cone area) and its 6ft at the highest point it will fit a number of 4”, 3” or small 6" engines.
I had my 4” engine with trailer inside ( the trailer needed to be dismantled to fit in the front area up ended)

This trailer has been fully kitted out for steam rallying and contains the following:-

750kg electric winch
Strong tie down points and ratchet straps which secure the rear wheels.
Two folding chairs
Stereo Radio
300watt 230volt inverter with sockets wired around the trailer.
Florescent lighting wired via the inverter.
Smuts mirror and light.
12v battery (unknown condition)
12v charger and time clock
230v mains sockets
230v outside socket
Two locker cases for polish and sundries
First aid box (contents not checked)
Coal hod able to carry around two bags of coal, enough for a weekends steaming.
Several medium sized boxes suitable for wood etc
Many handy clips and storage areas for tools and the like.
Roof ventilation fan.
Fire extinguisher
Gazebo that attaches to side of trailer

Now comes all the really clever stuff, the trailer has around 20 gallons of on board water storage, some of it is via a pumped system to an external tap that exits into a clip on bowl that sits on one of the mud guard allowing you to wash your hands conveniently at the end of a long steaming day. The rest is available via gravity fed tap again on the outside of the trailer with a standard hoselock fitting and tap allowing you to either take some engine water with you, or you can stock up on the rally field and save having to queue for water.
With the awning rail that’s attached to the side of trailer this means the gazebo can be attached to it allowing the engine to be stored in the gazebo area meaning you can sleep in the trailer once the engine is removed, theres even a privacy curtain in the trailer if you needed to change inside it with the rear tailgate open.

This is a really well thought out trailer and is ready for an engine. Some of you may well have seen it being used around the south of England rallys over the past few years until I bought a van, a friend bought it from me as he was looking to buy an engine but his situation has changed and he has decided to sell it, in his ownership he has given it a good overhaul, on the brakes and hitch, replaced the rear ramp, changed the jockey wheel and given it a complete make over.

Very reasonably priced at with offers around £1500, considering how much work has gone into this trailer and the features it has, you will want for nothing, I still miss many of them today in my van.

The Trailer is located in Amberley West Sussex. Please contact Pete on 07941 255264 or pete@foxleighbarn.co.uk for more details and photos although I have some when I had it in my ownership if you PM me.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th September 2018, 05:42 PM
Engineer

Here are some up to date photos of this brilliant trailer

Very reasonably priced at offers around £1500, considering how much work has gone into this trailer and the features it has, you will want for nothing, I still miss many of them today in my van.

The Trailer is located in Amberley West Sussex. Please contact Pete on 07941 255264 or pete@foxleighbarn.co.uk for more details
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th October 2018, 04:30 PM
Engineer

Thanks for the enquiries

This is now SOLD