Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th March 2013, 09:31 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!
Default Steel Traction Wagon, by Eagle Engineering Warwick

The traction wagon is circa 1907 to 1913 in date. It is works No5 according to the makers plate. Built in Warwick by Eagle Engineering Ltd, the successors to Glovers of Warwick who built wooden traction wagons.

The chassis has been blasted, and repaired with much new steelwork, it is all still in primer with no body. It is pretty unmolested and retains its original sprung towing A frame etc.

4 new springs, all bushes, pins, U bolts and shackles etc are new.

4 matching cast iron wheels with 1 good rubber, but Tank idlers will press on if you bore the centre out to size - I've just bought 4 for £160 for something else. I will happily assist you to procure/price some if this helps a 'deal', and put you in touch with a man with a proper press for the job. Believe me you do not need to spend £2k on tyres!

New rear wheel bearings.

Its 15foot long (from memory), somewhere near 7 foot wide. Would shorten or narrow easily if it suits your purposes. Its basically built from 4x2 channel, and the modern 100x50 section is almost identical.

New Brake cams and pivots have been made for rear axle, but it needs some levers and the linkages making.

We believe it is approx 10ton in capacity, based on a similar size contemporary 'Carrimore' trailer we also have. It may possibly also be ex WD as it has hooks on the chassis.

I've a number of works photos of similar trailers by the same maker of similar vintage to give an idea of body styles and finish.

Its a project that needs finishing, all the hard and expensive work has been done. It is currently at a point where the purchaser can put his mark on it. Be it a palatial living van, pukka haulage trailer for your road loco or traction engine, or trailer for your club to have in the play pen.

I've got more trailers than engines, and a living van in the pipeline. I need some space!. We bought it to save it, have spent far too much money on it, but really have no use for it. It needs a new home.

If you've rang before, the price has gone down!

Works to date can be seen here, so you can see where we started, and where we have got to.

Ring me in the first instance please. Hedd Jones 07871 577 132.