Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:20 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Wayne Smith
Default 1926 Studebaker roadster p/ex steam roller

Im looking to sell my 1926 Studebaker roadster in order to buy a steam roller. Or if interested I would use the Studebaker in a deal for a steam roller, with cash either way.

The Studebaker is a 1926 standard 6, model ER, roadster.
I bought it from a lady who had owned the car for 57 years, in California. She had the car frame off restored in 2006.
I bought and shipped the the car to the UK in 2013, and have used it occasionally since, but am now looking to sell it so as to fund a steam engine.
The car has a straight 6, side valve engine which is just under 4 litre, so goes well for a mid 1920's car. It has a 3 speed gearbox as was popular in the USA in the 1920's and 30's. The brakes are the 4 wheel, rod operated system, the fronts being hydraulically assisted by a pump in the gearbox. This was an option in 1926 and is the reason the car has steel disc wheels. Wood wheels were only available on 2 wheel brake cars.
The car had new upholstery, convertible top etc when restored. The striking two tone green and black paint shows well and I had the chrome radiator shell recently rechromed by S&T in yate. The bumpers etc have good useable chrome, but there are a few imperfections. I have a large photo file of the car during restoration, which I can share with interested parties.
For sale at £28,500 ono or part exchange for a steam engine with cash either way.
Viewing of the car is possible North Bristol.

For photos of the car please send me your email address or visit https://www.pinterest.co.uk/waynesmi...rd-6-roadster/

I am new to the steam world and so am looking for a nice entry level steam roller to have some fun with. I would prefer one that is up and running but won't object to some work.

If you are not interested in a deal, but have a steam roller for sale, please also make contact as once the car has sold I will be in the market for one.

Thanks Wayne - tel: 07723 347784