Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2012, 04:16 PM
Admin / Mod

Full Name: David Collidge
Default 25 Old Warden 2012 Pictures

The largest ever gathering of steam wagons with a huge variety of manufacturers represented. Thank you to the event organisers and engine owners who made this rally possible.

A selection from the huge quantity of pictures I took in the sunshine.

Sentinel DG4 8571 complete with Sentinel trailer:

Fowler Showmans Engine 15657 The Iron Maiden which was kindly posed for photographs:

Former Pickfords engine, Wallis & Steevens 2758 pictured with two former Pickfords Scammell's:

Quite a number of engines were posed in front of the house in beautiful late summer sunshine, here Yorkshire Wagon 117 is seen with the owner Mr Ward's other recently restored Standard Sentinel 1488, an engine that until recently was on display in the Bass Museum in Burton upon Trent:

A posed line up of 6 double crank compound 5NHP Burrell's that were present, they are Burrell 4055 Crimson Lady, 3941 The Badger, 4093 Dorothy, 3555 The Busy Bee, 3926 Margaret, 3669 Nero :

Long time since this one has been seen out, Sentinel DG4 8084 originally supplied to Hovis in Manchester:

Sentinel S4 8843, one of the Goold family engines:

Foden wagon 13178 which had traveled down from Aberdeen:

The Worbey family's newly completed Garrett Overtype Wagon 30826:

Wallis and Steevens Agricultural Engine 7666 was at work in the threshing area:

One of many Saunders family engines at the rally, Fowler Ploughing Engine 14248 Sunrise:

Marshall Agricultural Engine 34151 Jimmie B with the jam packed car park in the background:

The sole surviving Fowler steam wagon 19708:

Burrell 4000 Ex-Mayor working hard in the showground:

An engine that I have not seen completed and in steam, Garrett Showmans Tractor 33358 Lord George:

Wallis & Steevens Advance Roller 8064 which has had a rapid restoration after been sold at Cheffins auction in October 2010:

Burrell Crane Engine 3197:

Newly restored Burrell Road Locomotive 3941, The Badger making it's first appearance at the rally in nearly 10 years:

On the Saturday evening several engines went on a road run, here Fowell Agriculture Engine 92 is seen in the centre of Ickwell village:

Mann steam wagon 1120:

Three engines on the road run, Fowler Road Locomotive 12754 which had been roaded to the event from Barleylands, Foden tractor 14084 and Foden Tractor 14078:

Another engine out on the road, Fowler Tractor 15632:

A pair of small single cylinder steam tractors, Foster 14741 and Wallis and Steevens 2758:

Can't resist another picture of Burrell Road Engine 3941, The Badger in the evening sunshine:

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2012, 05:03 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Rob Langham

Wonderful, wish i'd stopped off at Cardington to get some photos - when I went through a lot of Sentinel S types were already there
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2012, 07:09 PM
Admin / Mod

Full Name: David Collidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardianRob View Post
Wonderful, wish i'd stopped off at Cardington to get some photos - when I went through a lot of Sentinel S types were already there
We normally go to Broom but we went in the other direction to see the Sentinel's on their road run - there seemed to be engines coming in all directions!
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2012, 07:12 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Robin Marshman

Great photos David! Wish i had got there earlyer on Saturday but had to work, the the road run had such nice weather! Got to be the rally thats most improving each year! It get better and better!

Tags
2012, old warden