Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th January 2017, 09:24 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Robin Marshman
Default Snapshots my 2016

As its a boring cold January night, I realised I haven't posted many photos at all this year on here, So here is a few photos of my 2016.

The real start of the year was on Easter Weekend where there was the annual SAC driving day at Les Searles Yard. Particularly memorable for me as it was my first year teaching having been a member throughout my childhood.

Easter Monday I then flew out to New Zealand and had a great two weekends visiting the Wheat and Wheels event at Peter Buttericks Farm and then a trip to Mcleans Island Rally. Particularly thankful to Allan Familton, The Winter family and Hawkins family for making me very welcome and letting me on their engines.

I wasn't the only one who had travelled over for the events, this well known cornishman was also having great fun on a Mclaren!

I then travelled to Australia and enjoyed a week in Sydney. Very thankful to some very nice friends who looked after me and showed me some of the sights and of course some steam engines.

Near enough straight of the plane It was time to head to Pinkneys Green to see the debut of a local engine to me. Dave Eves, magnificent Fowler Super Lion, Onward.

Late May saw Horsham Old England Day, and for the first time in over 70 years a threshing set left Les Searles Horsham Yard.

We took 1890 Allchin No.669 Bess back to Northampton for the Allchin Gathering at Hollowell Rally in July and also enjoyed a couple of other events while in the area.

Dorset once again was a great show, I didnt take too many photos but here is two.

I enjoyed helping friends road their engines, including some trips on Gigantic with Neil, and helping Jimmer road through London to another great Bedford Rally.

After Bedford I was involved in taking Lightning on a little tour of the south coast including a 130 miles trip in one day.

We took Boadicea to a firework do in Horsham in October and she got a chance to work hard powering all of the fair for over 6 hours.

There were many great end of season events, but this one was my particular favourite taking Bess to the Royal Oak steam up at Okeford Fitzepane. The pub is notable in being where the first Great Dorset's were organised!

And the year was not over without the annual run out on Boxing Day.

2016 was a cracking year and I just hope 2017 is as good!