Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th April 2017, 12:25 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!
Default Merryweather Valiant Fire Pump. FOR SALE

Merryweather Valiant Fire Pump.

Circa 1942.

1 week into 14 month boiler ticket from Dave Wothers. At 120PSI full pressure. Reports available for inspection (with thickness noted).

Hydraulic next due 2021. Only steamed 8 times since hydraulic in 2011!. Hydraulic certificate availible for inspection (by Peter Hawkins)

Has had boilerwork in previous ownership. Including a flanged top, and lower flange to the outer shell.

I've just fitted a brass gauge glass protector as it had none.

Has been in dry storage in current ownership.

Complete with hoses for the boiler feed pump and injector etc. I'll even supply a bucket for the boiler feedwater.

Included in the sale:-
  • Genuine Merryweather trolley so you can wheel it about.
  • Full set of brand new and unused copper boiler tubes.
  • A new and unused spare boiler flange pressing.
  • Genuine Merryweather firing shovel.
  • Main pump hoses with 2 inch BSP fittings. Suction and delivery. These work ok. But are not pretty.
  • Aluminium fire nozzle (5/8) and connections for the main pump delivery side hose. So you can squirt water.
This model will pump 100 gallon/minute. Or squirt water out of a 5/8 nozzle 100 foot. While doing so it sounds like a single going up a never ending hill!.

The two times I've moved it we winched it (while suspended on its trolley) up a pair of scaffold boards onto a pretty normal unbraked trailer, running at less than 750kg no problem as dictated by law (see photo). My mate Pete gave me a hand and we used his pikey truck but I also have had it behind my Peugeot 306.

I'm told they are also excellent for use during boiler washouts.

some 'negatives' as I like to advertise fairly.
  • At some time the engine looks like its fallen over. Theres a few dints in the air recievers. and the crankshaft appears bent outboard of the main bearing. You may be able to see the wobble in the video below. The journal and bearing are fine. The dints make no difference to operation.
  • The paintwork on the boiler is getting tatty.
  • The trolley included is the black one with grey wheels seen in the pictures, not the rusty one (identical trolleys in any case). This came to us bent. And we have straightened it so that it is tickety boo. However this did not do its paintwork a right lot of good. This would benefit for some paint TLC.
  • At present I am missing one part of the grate, adding up to about 1/4 of the grate area. I think I know where it should be, but this involves a 120 mile round trip so havn't done it yet. It is an easy fab job as its steel in any case. I've steamed it quite happily 3 times without it.
This is an item that was my late fathers which I have no plans for. Hence the sale.

Phone 07871 577 132 in the first instance please.

£5500 ovno

Video (I have since sorted the water leak on the pump delivery hose)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35DRmu5x7ng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqqCzwy50IM

some pics

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th June 2017, 02:38 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

SOLD