Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#31  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th July 2010, 08:31 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Jeremy Craske

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2 View Post
any idea of the line up on the fair ground?
Screetons gallopers are built up in the main field.
There are the usual dodgems on the main fair (owners name escapes me at the moment-sorry) and Glenn Millers paratrooper. Thats it for big rides this year as unfortunately Terry Atha couldnt make it with his waltzer. There is also Billy Smith with his joint and ducks, John Henry Caris and Mr Hirst amongst others on the main fair. Barry Aisbett has his toyset next to the gallopers.
I have started building my shooting gallery up and I think we will put the big striker up as well.
  #32  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th July 2010, 08:56 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Luke Roberts

just a quick note to say the howards will be going this year with the engine ( renown ) but not the gallopers cheers
  #33  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th July 2010, 08:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: david guest
Default re howards gallopers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
You must have had the wrong address, havent seen any of your letters, sorry. I do not book the fairground equipment and did not book Screetons myself, so perhaps you should check your facts. I have been retired for 4 years and only stepped in to keep the show alive for the 45th, so could'nt have booked you anyway.
looks like i got my facts right as howards have not attendd with there gallopers like i stated in previous thread
  #34  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th July 2010, 01:16 PM
Engineer

Full Name: david guest
Default masham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
You must have had the wrong address, havent seen any of your letters, sorry. I do not book the fairground equipment and did not book Screetons myself, so perhaps you should check your facts. I have been retired for 4 years and only stepped in to keep the show alive for the 45th, so could'nt have booked you anyway.
i have checked my facts and i was right howards are not there with the gallopers as i mentioned in previous post maybee you should check your correspondance in case you did not see any of my 4 stamped adressed letter i sent
  #35  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th July 2010, 11:35 PM
Oily Rag

Full Name: swampie5
Default Masham steam rally

It was still a great weekend even if howards didnt bring their gallopers and screetons did with the fantastic renown stood next to them they looked a beatiful sight thanks also to the dedicated and loyal team of masham steam rally under the guidence of mrs grainger we had a very succesful weekend
  #36  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th July 2010, 08:26 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: yvonne Grainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairoplanes View Post
i have checked my facts and i was right howards are not there with the gallopers as i mentioned in previous post maybee you should check your correspondance in case you did not see any of my 4 stamped adressed letter i sent
You may well have sent 4 stamped adresses envelopes to me but I have not received them, and that is a fact. Do you have copies and dates please? We did indeed have Screetons Galopers alongside 'Renown', and as it was felt that the show would not stand two sets, sensible negotiations took place to reach a suitable compromise, as they know each other very well. They were equally very much enjoyed by us and our visitors.
  #37  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th July 2010, 07:32 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: graham tebbs

had a gr8 time sat & sun, the best part was the ''road run'' bottom gear going up the hill, lots of cheering along the way, & best of all a nice pint of black sheep in the square & a good chinwag- superb!!

slan go fol
  #38  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th July 2010, 09:09 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the artfull-codger View Post
had a gr8 time sat & sun, the best part was the ''road run'' bottom gear going up the hill, lots of cheering along the way, & best of all a nice pint of black sheep in the square & a good chinwag- superb!!

slan go fol
Bottom gear?
  #39  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th July 2010, 09:18 PM
Engineer

Had a very enjoyable weekend. There was a great atmasphere throughout.
One particular highlight was watching Keith Collins about to load Pandora. It involved the telephone and asking for instructions on how to load the engine as he had never done it before. The couple of onlookers seemed to be taking it in.
It was great to see all of the showmans engines lit up next to the gallopers and stage show on the saturday night.
Roll on next year !!
  #40  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th September 2010, 08:43 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: graham tebbs
Default road run!!

re-bottom gear, well I have a choice of two, bottom or top, so with a trailer full of coal & water plus passenger, having not done the road run at masham before[my son did it last year with me on the back] I decided on bottom gear [or low speed if you like] just so I didn't end up with egg on me mush if I didn't make it to the top!!

slan go fol