Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th July 2010, 10:57 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Daniel March

Should be their on Burrell 4051 'Betty' on the sawbench all weekend.
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th July 2010, 09:55 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Stuart Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespeterbrett View Post
by all accounts, will be rather less there this year, a lot of people who i talk to say they aint going this year, and i know a few more who say they will give it one more year then see again. i gather that theres also a air of distrust between some of the engine owners and the main man. i think the 40th year was prob the best one ive been to in the last few years. also seams to be quite a few weddings on that weekend lol
Care to elabotate James? (Not been here before so don't know what to expect!)
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th July 2010, 10:48 AM
Engineer

Full Name: james peter brett
Location: Loddon, Norfolk & Nassington East Northamptonshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by single speed View Post
i mean nothing more than several regulars (not just steam) aint going this year for verius reasons. Thats between them and the show organisers, and the air of distrust with them in particular is for them to sort out. Theres also a lot of people attending weddings and parties this weekend, so cant attend for that reason. There seams to be far too many people getting married this weekend lol.

id take you umbrella (or get a canopy on that ransomes of yours) forcast says saturday will be the best day, but atm its looking wet (every where )

(When we preserve our heritage, we protect our future!)

Lord Brett, Bygones Manor, Chedgrave, Loddon, Norwich, Norfolk

Last edited by jamespeterbrett; 14th July 2010 at 10:54 AM..
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th July 2010, 01:13 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dan Brothwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespeterbrett View Post
i mean nothing more than several regulars (not just steam) aint going this year for verius reasons. Thats between them and the show organisers, and the air of distrust with them in particular is for them to sort out.
Is this sort of thing really required? On a thread where the idea is to find out whose going, rather than blast about "the air of distrust"! I am sure that other events all over the country have similar problems for the same reasons! Yet again Mr Brett, it appears that you harbour someone else's grudge. Or is it a case of they won't invite you?
I'm well aware of what has gone off at that show in the past and well that's the past and there still going so I say good luck to them and hope they have a successful weekend. Just a shame we can't attend anymore, otherwise we'd go again.
  #15  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th July 2010, 03:00 PM
Engineer

Full Name: james peter brett
Location: Loddon, Norfolk & Nassington East Northamptonshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Lad View Post
Is this sort of thing really required? On a thread where the idea is to find out whose going, rather than blast about "the air of distrust"! I am sure that other events all over the country have similar problems for the same reasons! Yet again Mr Brett, it appears that you harbour someone else's grudge. Or is it a case of they won't invite you?
I'm well aware of what has gone off at that show in the past and well that's the past and there still going so I say good luck to them and hope they have a successful weekend. Just a shame we can't attend anymore, otherwise we'd go again.
Firstly, I harbor no grudge mine or anyone else’s! Secondly this I have attended for several years, and enjoy the show. With the constraint of tightening our belt this year, and wanting to spend more time with my girlfriend, Weeting was just one of several shows that unfortunately we decided we would give a miss this year. I feel my phrase is justified, and accurate in regards to several people I know. Personally, I have never been treated there anything other than very well.

At the risk of sounding rude, may I say "personal remarks" such as yours are not needed and didn’t need to be "blasted out" it is irrelevant to the discussion in hand. However points (good or bad) regarding shows are what is needed, and your input is valued.

my remarks regarding the weather is just what the forecast has been saying, and looks like all use silly sods out and about this weekend in the east are going to get wet at some time.

As regards to good luck, I would never wish any show anything except that! Regardless of who’s organizing, what the course is, when it is, where it is or weather I’m going or not.

I will say this for Weeting, it harbors a unusual and possibly unique thing, in regards to its working area, if for nothing else, Weeting rally is worth a visit for this alone, with features such as a wood yard with steam wood sawing being done amongst the trees, steam flour milling, seed hulling, chaff cutting, bailing, and threshing. all being done here, with the two large stationary boilers with their various stationary steam engines close by, and not to mention the full size standard gauge railway (all know the name "mainline" is perhaps a bit over ambitious) with working steam saddle tank engine, and wagons being shunted about. Also a chance to photograph several engines that really make an appearance, indeed several are only steamed at Weeting events.

(When we preserve our heritage, we protect our future!)

Lord Brett, Bygones Manor, Chedgrave, Loddon, Norwich, Norfolk
  #16  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th July 2010, 04:30 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Terry Baxter

I will be there, with the Mac and the Foster.

Terry.
  #17  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th July 2010, 05:11 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Robert Davis

I think there are a few new people bringing engines this year, so it will make a change from just the regulars.

I always enjoy it, I should go and make your own mind up rather than listening to hearsay from others.

I must say I thought you had been to Weeting before Stuart!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by single speed View Post
  #18  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th July 2010, 07:46 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Simon Wyeld

We'll be there, always a good weekend!

I believe there are some different engines coming this year too...
  #19  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th July 2010, 06:42 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Stuart Tomlinson

WE are going just to look
  #20  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th July 2010, 04:26 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: william shepherd

Went to Weeting steam Rally today(17th July), was there for about 31/2 hours. Its all changed, nearly every thing is all in one field. I found the arena very small. There were only 2 fowler ploughing engines there. I found that all the atmosphere had gone. Am very sorry it was in the past a very good rally. Tick this one off my list for next year, not for me.