Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#71  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th September 2014, 05:02 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: yvonne Grainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourceedee View Post
Indeed you did, flying scotsman, one more question why was it so late before the showmans engines were allowed near the real ale tent on sat night?
There's no time to be allowed or disallowed near the beer tent. We hope engines will turn up,and are delighted when they do. Not everyone wants to. A good number of us are still policing the road run and parking, at that time, as if we don't park correctly on the square we get it in the neck from locals too. The last two years it's been a bit unruly due to exhibitors leaving the field too early, and parking badly, (not engines), and we don't want it cancelling especially for the 50th. If someone has instructed a late appearance, I would like to know who.
  #72  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th September 2014, 05:12 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steven Syms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
Down here, Torbay is one of the best value for money rallies and that is probably why at 1130 on the last day (a Sunday) there was a long queue of visitors waiting to pay and get through the paygate. In my own case the costs were as follows, £8.00 in total for diesel to get there and back from home. £7.00 admission for myself as I am now 60 years old. £3.00 admission for my 17 year old grandson and £3.00 admission for my 15 year old granddaughter as 17 year olds and under get admitted at child rates. £2.00 for an excellent programme making a total of £23.00 for an absolutely great day out. Plus, we bought food etc and probably spent about a further £20 - £25 between us. Who can argue with that and there were around 7 engines which had not appeared at Torbay before out of 26 full sized engines which were on show.

That is why Torbay is the only Rally which I attend EVERY year.
Tom, thanks for the comments, look out again next year as the engine list is all but full, we have another seven or eight new to Torbay steam fair engines booked, we also will have a proper steam fair returning, and a much better displayed working section.
Steve
  #73  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th September 2014, 05:34 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Karl Goult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
There's no time to be allowed or disallowed near the beer tent. We hope engines will turn up,and are delighted when they do. Not everyone wants to. A good number of us are still policing the road run and parking, at that time, as if we don't park correctly on the square we get it in the neck from locals too. The last two years it's been a bit unruly due to exhibitors leaving the field too early, and parking badly, (not engines), and we don't want it cancelling especially for the 50th. If someone has instructed a late appearance, I would like to know who.
Of course no one wants it cancelled I for one hope to debut my amusement signwritten landrover at the 50th. We left between half nine and ten and we saw at least two showmans sat the far side of the tent with no great urgency to move.
  #74  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th September 2014, 08:36 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: yvonne Grainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourceedee View Post
Of course no one wants it cancelled I for one hope to debut my amusement signwritten landrover at the 50th. We left between half nine and ten and we saw at least two showmans sat the far side of the tent with no great urgency to move.
You'll be very welcome. If you e-mail your details from the Rally website form, I'll forward to Landrover Sec.