Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th November 2016, 02:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Main
Default "Rocket"

With regret I am thinning out my collection of "one day projects" at this rate I will have to live to be about 1000!

I have a part built model of "Rocket" this is 18" gauge, so quite a large scale, but as the prototype is so small the actual model isn't huge.

The model appears to have been started in the 1960's and the wooden tender (complete with oak barrel) is 90% finished, with wheels cast, the quality of this work is superb. The loco consists of a boiler / firebox assembly, this is well made (from my untrained eye) and is made from steel. Unfortunately there is no paperwork. Also included in the sale are two sets of drawings, one is for the 5" model and the other is a copy of the 1920's Robert Stevenson Hawthorne drawings which were made up when the replica engines were built.

There is a lot of work still to do on the model, but afterall the prototype is fairly basic so it's not like a model of a "standard loco"

I brought this model earlier this year, full of good intention - what an amazing model it would be - about the size of a Labrador! - wouldn't it look superb in a living room, ticking over at a exhibition or going round the dungeness loop on the Romney railway!!!

I paid £750 for the model, and am not looking to make any money it just needs a good home and someone with some vision. Please PM me in the first instance.

Regards

David
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd December 2016, 06:23 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Main

This is now sold, thanks for the interest. It will be a fantastic machine once completed and I'm sure the new owner will make a superb job as indeed he does with all his projects!