Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st May 2013, 07:07 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Martin Fagg

Bob I would like to know about the negative comments about the parade. When the McAlpines stage an event you know it will be different from others, which is why I suggested that formation, it was dissapointing we could not get music for it as the opening tune would have been the Dambusters. This was to be a common sense rally, when going round with Sir William on sunday afternoon giving plaques out to enginemen the comments coming back from them proved that it had been.
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st May 2013, 12:19 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bill Kiddell

l thought it was an excellent rally, and the arena parade was a welcome change to the usual round in a circle and out. Also excellent selection of engines and charity stalls. Hope it on again next year. Bill
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st May 2013, 03:50 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Wendy Wakelin and family

I have put lots of pictures on the Sewards Facebook page for all to see.

Here are just a few of them

And on the Sunday afternoon we spotted Bill Bailey there to..
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st May 2013, 06:41 PM
Engineer

Full Name: robert holt
Default plaques

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT5506 View Post
Bob I would like to know about the negative comments about the parade. When the McAlpines stage an event you know it will be different from others, which is why I suggested that formation, it was dissapointing we could not get music for it as the opening tune would have been the Dambusters. This was to be a common sense rally, when going round with Sir William on sunday afternoon giving plaques out to enginemen the comments coming back from them proved that it had been.
Hi martin thanks for sorting out the engines,i agree with other comments that this was the best show yet so a big thanks to you and all the other helpers, you must have missed me out when both you and sir William went round as Avis didn't get one and i didn't know they one was available or else i would have hounded you out any chance of one because as you know Avis was at one time owned by sir William and she returned especially for him and lady Judith i have tried to send a pm to you but could not thanks again ....Robert & Avis
  #15  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st May 2013, 07:58 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bob Tutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT5506 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it Martin, some photographers are serial whingers and will moan about anything. Generally all comments were very positive about the whole event. Personally I prefer the constantly moving parade. It avoids the unnecessary pedantry of some yellow coated operative trying (usually unsuccessfully) to get engines in a straight line. The red coat operatives seemed very laid back I thought
  #16  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st May 2013, 08:57 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Andrew Robertson

A fantastic event, thanks to everyone involved. A few of my photos at the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=9184979555
  #17  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st May 2013, 11:30 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Marade Colledge

Hi Martin , we looked for you before we left but you where rushing round so we didn't get chance to say , WELL DONE , you and your team did a superb job of the steam section , I would say that is one of the best rally's I been too . So if you hear any negative comments about anything to do with the rally ignore them cos it was brilliant and some people moan just cos they want to hear the sound of their own voice.
By the way we didn't get a plaque either but I talked to a lady who said she would try and post us one out, I think you where giving them out when we where enjoyed a ride on the train. Thank you again and please if it's on again INVITE US PRETTY PLEASE. xx
  #18  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:21 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Andy Holmes

Well all I can say was I had a great weekend and was not told what to do so just got on with doing what we do.
  #19  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd May 2013, 05:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: anthony cowell

We too had a fantastic weekend and would like to say a big thankyou to Sir and Lady Mcalpine, Martin Fagg and all the organising team at Fawley Hill. This rally was simply delightful. From the start we were told it was a common sense rally and to basically do as we wished as long as it was safe to do so. We were given a generous allocation of good coal, the site was in a beautifull setting, there was a very good vintage fairground, the catering stalls were all good, the entertaiment at night and through the day was varied and good , the stalls were interesting and of good quality and the on site railway and accompaning museum is simply mind blowing. I had heard of Fawley Hill before but this was our first visit and we came away extremely impressed. The one comment that summed the event up for me came from my wife as we drove home, she is not over enamoured with the steam rally scene but commented and I quote "Well if all steam rallies were like that I would want to attend more often" . Thanks again to all concerned.