Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th November 2007, 10:44 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roger Barham
Default Rain Steam & Wind Bursledon Brickworks

Few pics from Todays Bursledon Brickworks Open Day
Nice to meet Dan for a chat, he has obviousely put a lot of work into his living van, roller still in working clothes with I believe original Paintwork. Sounded luverly ticking over! Weather conditions were pretty harsh so well done to all concerned for putting on a show.
Cheers Roger

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th November 2007, 12:22 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Wizz Stearne

Yup, it was pretty wet!!
Thanks to Malcom for making us feel wellcome. I think Trixy and Lofty thoroughly enjoyed themselves, I dint see either of them stationary all day (dodging raindrops)
Despite the weather I really enjoyed myself. Was nice to see some old friends.
Bring on the good weather
Love
Wizz
xXx
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th November 2007, 08:31 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Daniel Finnegan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Quote]
Few pics from Todays Bursledon Brickworks Open Day
Nice to meet Dan for a chat, he has obviousely put a lot of work into his living van, roller still in working clothes with I believe original Paintwork. Sounded luverly ticking over! Weather conditions were pretty harsh so well done to all concerned for putting on a show.
Cheers Roger
[Quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Roger for the photo's & the kind words, was great to meet you again. I would like to back you up on the weather conditions, and would like to thank all those who had put so much in to make the event possible.

Dan
Look at how black he is...'

[My response]

'You do realise that not all of this comes off?!?'

(This has actually happened to me on more than one occasion.)

Last edited by Fowler_19045; 19th November 2007 at 08:33 AM..
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th November 2007, 11:09 AM
Engineer

Full Name: kevin stephens

Poped in on the way back from a cancelled powerboat race around the isle of wight, said hi to Dan and had a ride on churchillian my first ever roller ride thanks Stuart. It was good to see the engines out and only sheeted enough to stop the wind, only had about an hour cause I had to drive back to devon and yes it rained all the way.
Well done to all involved a good show despite the weather.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st November 2007, 05:53 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Stuart Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten View Post
Poped in on the way back from a cancelled powerboat race around the isle of wight, said hi to Dan and had a ride on churchillian my first ever roller ride thanks Stuart. It was good to see the engines out and only sheeted enough to stop the wind, only had about an hour cause I had to drive back to devon and yes it rained all the way.
Well done to all involved a good show despite the weather.
No problem Kevin, right place at the right time. Acctually the roller is called Cuchulainn after the irish hero. The roller spent most of its working life in Dundalk which is where Cuchulainn hails from.
Regards
Stu.
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st November 2007, 07:38 PM
Engineer

Full Name: kevin stephens

Sorry must have been the rain blurring my vision.
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:13 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: leslie wadhams
Default 87 key gavioli

which mr mayhew took out in those condition and played for you lot agianst his normal instinks he could of come with us on his engine on the road run in north hampshire the fowlers the eggman
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd November 2007, 02:16 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Stuart Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EGGMAN View Post
which mr mayhew took out in those condition and played for you lot agianst his normal instinks he could of come with us on his engine on the road run in north hampshire the fowlers the eggman
I take it by your somewhat illiterate ravings that you are somehow displeased. If Tom chose to attend our event, that was up to him. We are very appreciative of his attendance it is just a pity that the weather was against us. If necessary, I am sure Tom can speak for himself. Prehaps you will understand once you start school.

Regards

You lot.
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd November 2007, 03:35 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roger Barham

Not quite sure what point is being made but if its about lack of photo's then in my case my camera was soaked and failed just after the Garratt Photo. I did spend some time near the organ and wanted at the time to take a photo, if only to demonstrate the efforts people made to put the show on. The organ had a tarp over it opened out so that you could still see and hear it in action this had streams of water running off of it. It was I believe appreciated by people who were there. I missed out on several other exhibits In particular The Sentinel and Cuchulainn and a model crane engine that never stopped! but such is life. As had been said, a great effort was made to keep the show running in appalling conditions, all who took part in putting the event on and keeping it going deserve praise.

Anyway, any chance of a feed back on the road run in north Hampshire?

Regards, one of the punter lot