#21  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th June 2013, 03:34 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Kev Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
Here you are, Robert:

Garrett traction engine; Built 1931, Engine No. 35461;
The last Garrett traction engine built by Garretts. Now named 'Boolavogue'.
It was its first appearance after an extensive restoration. Owned and operated in Co Wexford, Ireland.

Cheers, George.
I would not have recognised it, looks really good.
  #22  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th June 2013, 01:55 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: yvonne Grainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigctt View Post
Not the right thread Nigel, but I miss the old boys. Benny Farrow, My dad, my Uncle George, Roy Wakefield, Harry and many others. Not forgeting Morris Jackson and Dennis Bainbridge if they are still alive. The craic in the North East, Yorkshire and Scotland was brilliant. Proper old boys and sadly missed. Pickering, Masham, Hunton, Temple Newsom, Driffield, Duncolm Park and the old Chester le Street rally among others. Aberdeen, Elgin etc, etc. Great days and great people. All great steam boys and not any malaise against anyone else. Whatever you had you had. Whatever it was.( a Roller, conversions, road loco, showmans, it didnt matter) it was steam at the end of the day. But I will never forget Benny with the cling film around Pride & Joy. .....................and we're ever he went, (it was the best steak he ever had). Got bless them all and RIP... Going back to the Innishannon thread, both bennys engine and my dads are in Ireland, hopefully enjoying a good life.
Morris & Dennis are indeed still alive, glad to say. Morris is still at Loftus, Margaret also, and Dennis stayed on our site only last week on his way back to Loftus to see family, with a view to erecting a garden shed. Shirley too, and they looked amazing to say they are a few years on from when we first met them in the 60's, but just the same wonderful folk.
  #23  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th June 2013, 08:06 PM
Engineer

Full Name: John Glynn

We must not forget Royal Soverion staying up till half four in the morning , she didn't want to go to bed and then the beautiful Maraidh singing songs to entertain thoughs standing , ye wouldn't see the likes of it at dorest
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.5 KB, 36 views)
  #24  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th June 2013, 01:23 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Marade Colledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govenor View Post
We must not forget Royal Soverion staying up till half four in the morning , she didn't want to go to bed and then the beautiful Maraidh singing songs to entertain thoughs standing , ye wouldn't see the likes of it at dorest
I seem to remember I was not the only one singing , you are a good singer yourself John if you lived in the UK I'd have you not my entertainment agency books I could have you gigging at least every Saturday night lol x x
  #25  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th June 2013, 07:54 PM
Engineer

Full Name: John Glynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
I seem to remember I was not the only one singing , you are a good singer yourself John if you lived in the UK I'd have you not my entertainment agency books I could have you gigging at least every Saturday night lol x x
Lol Maraidh if there was enough money in it ill move over there, Louis Walsh said he's not ready for another boy band at the moment.