Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th May 2018, 07:03 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael James
Default Kingsbury Water Park

Today I visited the model traction engine "do" at Kingsbury Water Park, organised by the Echills Wood Railway.

It is a good event but held, in my opinion, for participants to enjoy their weekend away rather than for members of the public to see miniature road going steam engines. There is a meal organised for this evening for exhibitors and I think that sums it up - a good social occasion. I do not have a problem with this but I am glad I live only a twenty minutes drive from Kingsbury. If I had traveled further I would have been a little disappointed.

There was a good selection of engines, in many scales and by different makers. Below are a few pictures that I took this afternoon. There has been no changes made in the computer, other than cropping to make a more balanced composition.

The first picture is of a newly painted wagon in, I think, 2" scale. The paint job looked very good indeed, I really liked the colours and sign writing.

The next few pictures are of a very nice 3" scale Marshall. Built by a father and son team, it ran very sweetly. To be a little controversial, this is one of the few times I have seen a model being driven at a scale speed. The crank was turning at a sensible and realistic rate instead of being a blur and for myself it was a pleasure to see.

The last couple of photos show a 3" Allchin and a 4" (?) Burrell - possibly a Steam Traction World kit...? Whatever, it is a good looking and well proportioned engine and ran very nicely.

Michael
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st May 2018, 01:42 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Harry Wilkes

More photos of the Kingsbury weekend at http://www.blackcountrysteam.co.uk/kingsbury_18.html . Whilst I do not share Michael's view that's it's just a social gathering the attending engines spend a large amount of there time at the Harvester Station for the benifit of the public. I would suggest this was not the best miniature weekend that I have attended there have been better I think it was held on the wrong weekend !
H