Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th August 2010, 08:51 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Stuart Hart

I hope that the staff on the railway are a damn site more polite than they were when we went over a couple of week ago! I don't think i've ever been to a preserved railway and felt more unwelcome by the staff and volunteers. We even saw one guy who was in a wheel chair stop a chap in station master / guards full uniform to ask a simple question. Before he had had a chance to finish asking his question the chap said "be quick man, i've only got 15 minutes for my lunch!" We were gob smacked, as was the guy in the wheelchair and his wife who was pushing him. They, and we, won;t be going back.
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th September 2010, 10:24 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Charlie Lemon

" Grateful thanks to Charlie for bringing the recent post about a not so good visit to the Isle of Wight Steam Railway to my attention, I have requested this post on my behalf.

In addition to being a preserved railway and Registered Educational Charity we are a major Island tourist attraction and delighted to be enjoying a record breaking year with visitor numbers some 20% up on our record breaking attendance in 2009. Vital to our success is the excellent level of Customer Service we deliver. Indeed, our front line staff and volunteers receive ongoing formal and informal training. With many notes of praise and not one complaint this year over staff attitude, I am sincerely concerned to learn of the recent post. Every effort is being made to identify the member of staff or volunteer referred to as I know it can be no more than a one off lapse. Apologies we slipped up this time.

On a brighter note. What a fantastic 36th Island Steam Show. I take this opportunity to thank every volunteer and exhibitor to make it one of our most enjoyable ever. Planning for year 37 is well underway!

Finally, live on BBC 1 on Saturday 4 September we picked up the National Lottery Best Heritage Project 2010 Award for our carriage restoration work. Just fantastic! Any of you who may have voted for us - Thank you so much.

Best regards to all involved with Traction Talk.

Peter Vail. General Manager. Isle of Wight Steam Railway"