Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2014, 09:32 AM
Engineer

Full Name: lee chadderton

I attended Saturday and Sunday, as a punter, camped on site. Security was tight, door staff on the beer tents and I was told four miles of security fencing had been erected. Some fencing was in place inside the site, a fence within a fence, particularly around the stages of Atkinson's and Potto's.

I was in the beer tent until midnight, no trouble at all. I spoke to people who were there for the four days, didn't hear of anything being stolen or any dodgy activity. I believe some of the full size engine owners were paid in full the Saturday before the show.

Yes, engine numbers were down on previous years but that can be built on. As a full size engine owner would I take my engine? Based on what I saw (others may have a different story) yes I would, maybe this show deserves a second chance?

Some pictures.....

#12  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2014, 12:37 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Brian Steele

I was there for the 4 days, no trouble, high security, stall holders name and plot number all pegged out efficiently. Engines attending 36 in total, well down from previous years, but no one knew whether show would be on or not. The show is now under new organisers with previous organiser out of the picture. The site has been guaranteed to them for future show's and they want to make a good go of it. As far as I know everyone was paid even in the model tent.
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2014, 01:51 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Bentley Blower

Pulled on to show ground Wednesday morning. Very good security, and no trouble at all over the four days we attended.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Complaints.... Not really. The venue has got a lot smaller and the organizers are stuck for space, things do appear to be crammed in.

Hopefully it will just get bigger and better from now on.

Happy days.
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2014, 02:15 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Jamie Godwin (Preston)

Well we were there for a week and everyone I spoke to had a cracking time no problems what so ever no complaints, Engines running into town every night, plenty of coal, good programme, and very good security. We gave the organisers another chance and we weren't let down one bit we are already booked in for next year. So it's maybe time that other engines owners gave it another chance.
  #15  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2014, 04:03 PM
Engineer

Full Name: RobertBruce

The show is now under new organisers with previous organiser out of the picture.

This is not the case at all. New backer, but very much SB having the contacts and doing the organising.
  #16  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2014, 05:32 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: paul

Heard different comments who's running the Rally,We was there from Tues, didn't hear of any trouble,Totally enjoyed the Rally.
  #17  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2014, 09:02 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Anthony Lister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiepreston View Post
Well we were there for a week and everyone I spoke to had a cracking time no problems what so ever no complaints, Engines running into town every night, plenty of coal, good programme, and very good security. We gave the organisers another chance and we weren't let down one bit we are already booked in for next year. So it's maybe time that other engines owners gave it another chance.
You just want more engines there to have a go on!.....
Great weekend as you say, don't need too many more engines, some rollers would have been nice to see.
  #18  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2014, 09:06 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert The Bruce View Post
The show is now under new organisers with previous organiser out of the picture.

This is not the case at all. New backer, but very much SB having the contacts and doing the organising.
True, but the atmosphere was much improved over previous years.
Difficult to fault really. A good team of organisers and no moaners as they were all at home on here not there which helped.
  #19  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2014, 07:43 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Dale Riley

We went on Friday and I have to say it was a very good do. £10 I thought was reasonable for what you got. My only comment would be where have all the good fair organs gone.
  #20  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2014, 09:23 AM
Engineer

There was only ever one Dale....