Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2018, 05:36 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Adam Tyler
Grin Bedfordshire Steam and Vintage Rally 60th Anniversary

Unlike the previous two years, the weather was perfect. I counted 136 Traction Engine when attending yesterday, there were a few "no-shows" along with a couple of "unexpected turn-ups" - https://flic.kr/s/aHskJ2v5Eo
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2018, 06:17 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Chris Rhodes

Car park exit was diabolical..... Took ages......
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2018, 08:05 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Adam Tyler

To be fair, it wasn't too bad. Just imagine trying to get to this year's Great Dorset Steam Fair on the Saturday, six mile tail back. After the bus didn't show up...my best friend and I along with two others took a taxi from Salisbury but the well-experienced driver managed to get us close to one of the gates taking a different route to everyone else. That day was so close to end up being a disaster
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th September 2018, 09:09 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Adrian White
Thumbs up Bedfordshire Steam and Vintage Rally 60th Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggeroff View Post
Car park exit was diabolical..... Took ages......

Really. You didn't go to Dorset then!. I had no major problems getting in or out on Sunday. I thought it was another really well run event by BSEPS as usual. Plenty of programmes and decent toilets.

Plenty of positives to enjoy .Only minor downers for me was the lack of engines in the play pen and why do so many engines park facing their caravans/ Not good for the public to view or photograph. Also shame there wasn't a 60th Anniversary Polo shirt. But Hey-Ho these are minor matters in the great scheme of things.

Another enjoyable rally. Many Thanks to Paul Worby and all the people involved who's hard work made it happen. Roll on the BSEPS road Run (Route anyone?).

Ade
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th September 2018, 10:24 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Adam Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian white View Post
Really. You didn't go to Dorset then!. I had no major problems getting in or out on Sunday. I thought it was another really well run event by BSEPS as usual. Plenty of programmes and decent toilets.

Plenty of positives to enjoy .Only minor downers for me was the lack of engines in the play pen and why do so many engines park facing their caravans/ Not good for the public to view or photograph. Also shame there wasn't a 60th Anniversary Polo shirt. But Hey-Ho these are minor matters in the great scheme of things.

Another enjoyable rally. Many Thanks to Paul Worby and all the people involved who's hard work made it happen. Roll on the BSEPS road Run (Route anyone?).

Ade
I think the engines parked facing the carvans would be those on the hill? That would be for ease of steaming. All others were facing the main roadways from memory.
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th September 2018, 09:27 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Adrian White
Default Bedfordshire Steam and Vintage Rally 60th Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
I think the engines parked facing the carvans would be those on the hill? That would be for ease of steaming. All others were facing the main roadways from memory.
Seems fair comment. Yes it is the ones on the Hill side. Maybe a slight re-jig so they can be parked on the flat with no steam in this location is the answer. I always feel a little uneasy about walking around the owners chairs and stuff to get a picture. Anyway just a minor gripe on what otherwise is a great show.

Ade
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 20th September 2018, 07:51 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Richard McCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian white View Post
Seems fair comment. Yes it is the ones on the Hill side. Maybe a slight re-jig so they can be parked on the flat with no steam in this location is the answer. I always feel a little uneasy about walking around the owners chairs and stuff to get a picture. Anyway just a minor gripe on what otherwise is a great show.

Ade
We were one of the engines parked on the hill facing backwards (and was for the reasons given).
We are there as an exhibit and as such are more than happy for people to go all around the engine whatever way it is facing and wherever our tables, chairs and other stuff is placed.
If you see us again like this, feel free to walk around and ask us to move - many do for a photo or to get a closer view of a particular bit - I promise we will take no offense and expect it

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk