Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th July 2015, 08:40 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Paul Fish

I went sunday, my 1st time, made plans during the week to do Welland saturday & Boconnoc sunday and stuck to my guns,...

....it rained for the first 3 hours of my visit, so camera stayed dry in my bag for a while. as i drove in i met more caravans/tractors/exhibitors leaving than was actually driving into the show, {all steam stayed i believe} once the rain stopped the visitor numbers started to pick up, i got taster of the show with a few engines on the move but the rain appeared again just after 3, so i joined the steady flow that had been leaving all day.

I will just say i think it was good the show stayed open, the exhibitors who wanted to go found a tractor/macro making steady progress all afternoon to help pull them out, closure of show wouldve been just a mad rush for everyone to get out and keeping the show on for the public helped stop that.
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd August 2015, 09:44 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Phillip Morland-Jones

We enjoyed our visit on the sunday, I was a little worried as we drove there in the torrential rain that we would be viewing a field full of sheeted up engines but happily the rain stopped as we got there and most engines were already in steam. Great to see the engine's moving round the grounds and the working displays. Unfortunately there were big gaps in the other sections but that was to be expected due to the weather. Hopefully we can head back next year for a visit on a sunny day and see the show in its full glory and more of the amazing grounds.
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th August 2015, 07:23 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steve Cockram

Adding to the brilliant photos that have already been posted from this great event, here are all of mine:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6399505&type=3

Tags
boconnoc