Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:48 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Wolfgang Voglmeier
Crying Romeo

For a lot of reasons (some are explained under "RV" in the "Other intersts" part of this forum*) I feel the need to part with my dcc 15 ton steam roller "Romeo" Bromovsky, Schulz & Sohr Wks Nr 842 from 1904.

It has full (Austrian) paperwork and I think, as long as you are IN the EU there will be no big problems in registering it in Britain...
It has a current boiler certificate, next hydraulic would be in 2022 I guess - we do it every 6 Years.

It can withstand the rain !

2004, at its 100th anniversary, at GDSF.

Truck and trailer are sold already.

Featured in Old Glory and Steaming

Original boiler certificate from factory (1904) available.

Open for sensible offers.

Transport can be organised from here (at affordable costs!)

Best greetings from the (submerging) continent

Wolfgang, beers and cheers as ever!

*Some more are explained by Janis Choplin: "....no help from my friends"

You can contact me by e-Mail: wolfgang.voglmeier@medionmail.com
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th January 2018, 08:45 AM
Apprentice

For those who want more informations on the manufacturer of Romeo:

Bromovsky Schulz and Sohr was a company in what is now Czech republic* - formerly part of the Austro-Hungarian empire (thus the original boiler certificate is written in german!) that built (e.g.) a gantry crane with a capacity of 240 tons and a reach of 60 meters to bring submarines into the water and out. The crane was based in Pula (former Pola - the war harbour of Austria these days, now Croatia).There was a steam crawler with a crawler trailer carrying a big steam generator to bring electricity to villages in Russia before the arrival of the wires. B,S&S also built Sentinel Steam lorries under licence. And, last but not least, B,S&S built the motor for the first motorcar in Austria from Siegfried Marcus in 1886 (or 1889, as some say, I dont know)

There are also some connections to Ruston.

If you type into Google: Bromovsky, Schulz & Sohr you will find a loooot of material.....obviously much of it is in german, but you can find also lots of things in the "language of engineers". i.e. drawings and of course photos...

B,S&S were swallowed by Skoda in 1922 and unfortunately most of the archives were destroyed.

Best regards
Beers and cheers
Wolfgang

*The main factory and a foundry (still in existence!) was situated in Hradec Králowé (formerly Koeniggraetz), a second one was based in Adamov (Adamsthal) and the headquarter was in Prague.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th January 2018, 08:46 AM
Apprentice

For those who want more informations on the manufacturer of Romeo:

Bromovsky Schulz and Sohr was a company in what is now Czech republic* - formerly part of the Austro-Hungarian empire (thus the original boiler certificate is written in german!) that built (e.g.) a gantry crane with a capacity of 240 tons and a reach of 60 meters to bring submarines into the water and out. The crane was based in Pula (former Pola - the war harbour of Austria these days, now Croatia).There was a steam crawler with a crawler trailer carrying a big steam generator to bring electricity to villages in Russia before the arrival of the wires. B,S&S also built Sentinel Steam lorries under licence. And, last but not least, B,S&S built the motor for the first motorcar in Austria from Siegfried Marcus in 1886 (or 1889, as some say, I dont know)

There are also some connections to Ruston.

If you type into Google: Bromovsky, Schulz & Sohr you will find a loooot of material.....obviously much of it is in german, but you can find also lots of things in the "language of engineers". i.e. drawings and of course photos...

B,S&S were swallowed by Skoda in 1922 and unfortunately most of the archives were destroyed.

Best regards
Beers and cheers
Wolfgang

*The main factory and a foundry (still in existence!) is situated in Hradec Králowé (formerly Koeniggraetz), a second one was based in Adamov (Adamsthal) and the headquarter was in Prague.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th October 2020, 08:58 PM
Apprentice

Only two years later...Romeo has a new owner! The guy who bought it / her / him runs a museum some 35 miles away from the factory where it was built. Some TT-members* already visited the "Muzeum Starych Stroju a technologii" in ZAMBERK (Czech Republic).
In the museum there are already a number of rollers in working order and others. On youtube you can find some videos - if you type the name of the museum mentioned above. In the 2020 video there is a short video sequence with me on the helm for the last time. I´m a little bit sad, but I´m very happy that Romeo found such a nice place to live and a real good man of steam: Michal Bednar as new owner. Usually two working days / weekends in the museum are organised in June and September (exact data on the homepage of the museum). Lets hope the virus doesnt interfere with this!

Probably I will post some pics in the near future!

(Czech) beers and cheers
Wolfgang, Austrian

*Well known men in the world of steam....