Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th April 2018, 10:35 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Adrian Menear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl_byrne View Post
Hi Adrian
I agree re the prices all over the shop. However, in my opinion, 4040 is not your average roller!
Cheers Carl.
Thank you Carl, we are very grateful to have it as part of the family (can't believe it's been with us over 12 years now) It has been so nice that i can't say i have aspired to go after anything else. Though i have not personally been able to do anything with it for a couple of years, it's still nice to know it's in the shed and getting used by the next generation

I waited a lot of years to get the right one, hence hoping others might do the same to get what they might really want and never regret it
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th April 2018, 06:56 AM
Engineer

Full Name: lee chadderton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glukka View Post
Hi all

I've been looking for an aveling roller for sometime now I will consider anything for the right price but only have a modest budget. Anything under about 38,000
Do you know Alan Painter? He's the man in the know. When I was looking for one he found a few for sale that I didn't know about, I think he's on here.
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th April 2018, 07:40 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Riley

I have noticed engine prices have generally fallen back slightly over recent years, which I think is good for lots of people trying their up most to buy an engine. Values are very important to some, but to others it's more important to have it as your hobby, and enjoy it. My Robey was not expensive and isn't worth a huge amount in the scale of things, but smiles per miles it brings me now is awesome, that's the important bit. Add to that, the enjoyment I have had restoring her and working on her, I also try to let as many people have a go on her as I can, share the enjoyment as it were. I think it's good more, may be able to experience this.