Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th March 2018, 08:04 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: v.francis
Default still looking for 1 1/2 " or 2"Fowler showmans Engine

Hi everyone, any comments on Fowler models , design ect appreciated, as i have no experience of them,only thetford town, and and well documented of their problems/ faults.! so therefore welcome any observations ! if anyone knows one for sale? kind regards vic
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th March 2018, 03:54 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Benjamin Greenfield
Default 2 inch fowler

Hi I hope this helps if you look at M.J.engineering they do 2 & 3 inch scale fowler traction engines. They also do all castings and drawings. Kind regards ben
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 27th March 2018, 03:11 PM
Apprentice

Default fowler search

Hi Ben thankyou for your reply, yes i have seen MJ eng traction items and you are right, there are a lot of good points; i did see their 2 inch tractor burrell gold medal, and it really looks good. I think i should have said, part built or completed, !which iam looking for.
I have seen the one 2 inch fowler on station rd steam but i was warned by a very experienced Engineer its not a good runner, and despite all efforts it remained that... I just have to keep looking... maybe fleabay!The plastows design seems to have problems associated with the crankshaft...It is a shame that the drawings are not updated... with known errors
once again thanks for your reply Ben,
kind regards
vic
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th March 2018, 07:36 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Derek Skinner

I made a 2 inch PLASTOW Showmans some 20 years ago and encountered several problems but with a little though it all worked well most of the problems were with timing.
Some time ago I started a thetford town that one had many many problems I gave it to my brother who enjoys a challenge he found the book no help many problems
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 31st March 2018, 11:07 PM
Apprentice

Default 2 inch scale fowler

Hi Vic I have been looking around abut since I last posted the other reply I have found a part built showmanship 2” fowler it is at Station road steam in projects I thought of you when saw it just letting you know I thought you may like to know.

Kind regards
Ben
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd April 2018, 08:48 AM
Apprentice

Default 2 inch fowler

Hi Ben, thanks for looking and taking the time to reply! yes i had seen it on srs but have been told by someone who knows the engine that it never ran well ,! so it was best to avoid it; the chap is classified as a expert on models and fullsize! which is a shame... but i have seen one coming up for sale!
Hows your search going for a full size Roller? will you try at the spring auction sales ? or do you think private? I like the Armstrong r rollers, ! what type and size are you thinking about?
kind regards and thanks,
vic
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd April 2018, 01:33 PM
Apprentice

Hi vic you must have got mixed up with another Ben on here I am only into miniature engines I am currently building a Ruston Proctor SD 4” scale then looking to build a 6” scale Burrell road loco.

Kind regards
Ben1