Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th September 2017, 01:36 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Jimmy Vardy
Default Quainton Traction Engine & Vehicle Rally 23rd/24th Sept 2017.

A very interesting and enjoyable week-end as grateful guest of the organiser, although owning a Farm in the village for many years I had never visited the museum before, this year with 17 Full size Steam, Threshing Drum, Rack Bench and Stone Crusher a well organised Rally and Museum that needs support with the Route of H.S.2. being close by and like many properties it is going to cause so many problems for occupants of those properties.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th September 2017, 04:34 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bob Tutt

Not been here since 2006. Really must make the effort next season. Engines used to be on a field, were they on the hardstand due to ground conditions?
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th September 2017, 06:39 PM
Engineer

Bob
I seem to remember when I lived in Quainton that it was in the field but this week-end it fitted in well in the car park and looked to be it`s permanent place, can`t remember how long the tarmac car park has been there but the volunteers have done a wonderful job of what has been achieved all through the museum.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th September 2017, 08:37 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Robert Jones

The rally was moved onto the site about 8 or 9 years ago as the field was too wet that year. It proved to be so successful that it has remained on site since. The great advantage of being on the tarmac is that engines can always be sure to be able to move round. There are added attractions such as free train rides, a museum full of interesting exhibits and a 1km miniature railway.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th September 2017, 12:46 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Martin J

Some of us are old enough to remember moving engines into Quainton from various storage sites - '69 or maybe '68! Just a very desolate closed station then.
Appy daze,

Martin
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th September 2017, 09:57 AM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The rally was moved onto the site about 8 or 9 years ago as the field was too wet that year. It proved to be so successful that it has remained on site since. The great advantage of being on the tarmac is that engines can always be sure to be able to move round. There are added attractions such as free train rides, a museum full of interesting exhibits and a 1km miniature railway.
I seem to remember the very wet year was 2007 that was 10 years ago, the year we sold our farm in Quainton, irrelevant really, of course there is a great advantage of being on Tarmac but so there is of having room around an arena/ring, alright on Tarmac if there is enough of it to move about on, yes there are added attractions and my copy of the poster at the beginning of my post mentioned them, or didn't you see it, still you had a thank you for mentioning it that is more than I had from you or a bloke from Sussex for spending time putting photos on here, I have always been grateful for the thanks I have had from TT members and I meet many of them and thank them personally during the season but Facebook is so much easier.