Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th May 2009, 07:41 AM
Engineer

Full Name: GRAHAM SMITH
Default Almere Steam Festival - Holland

Has anyone ever been to this event and is there many steam vehicles normally in attendance. I see that it is on the 21st - 23rd May.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th May 2009, 05:55 PM
Engineer

Full Name: George Sunbeam

The Almere Stoom Festival was one of the largest steam festivals (and I believe oldest) in Holland.
It always was situated in a some confined space hem by woodlands and the harbour near the Zuider Sea.
Usually there were about 25 steam engines, mostly from Holland and Belgium, but this rally saw always good interest from British engine owners namely Len Crane and "Doc" Romanes have been there several times. In addition this rally was attended by at least the same amount of miniature TE from all over Europe. Usually there were 2-3 steam fire engines in operation as well as 4-5 steam tugs that gave cruises on the lake. This Rally was mainly a steam festival as the name says, but some 10 to 15 cars, lorries and stationary engines also were present.

Well all that was to be seen in the past - but 2 years ago the long time organiser gave up, so that the show was cancelled I think last year but is due to go ahead again this year but in the streets of the village and free entry to the visitors.

I will be going and I am interested how this show is like - nowadays.