Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st December 2013, 06:03 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!
Default Lucas 'Kings Own' Oil lamps

Here is a set of Joe Lucas 'Kings Own' Oil lamps.

The nickle is a little oxidized and I've had a bit of a go cleaning one with some Autosol, its come up ok, I think they may clean to be presentable with a bit of time. The other lamp is as found.

Both lamps are 100% complete, burners/tanks etc. The glass is also 100%. The lamps are basically all brass, and the brass is in excellent order, no cracks, or dezincification.

To be honest these are the straightest set I have ever seen, I can find only one tiny tiny dint to the top of one of the lamps, and believe me that took some finding!.

Single side spade mount on each lamp.

You could polish and use as they are, re nickle, but the cheapest way to restore would be to polish off the nickel on the rim the top and the badge and paint the rest black and present them as 'commercial' lamps, this would be 100% accurate to period as these lamps came in various finished states. They did also come 100% brass.

Some pictures

These would suit a chain drive Sentinel as side lamps, father had a pair of these on the outer windscreen posts on his Super Sentinel (actually he still has the lamps), and they suited it very well. Obviously suitable for all types of Steam Waggon or wagon in a similar application.

They would also suit a steam tractor, I occasionally have fathers pair on my Marshall mounted on the belly tank.

Lastly I think they may well suit a larger 6inch minature, something like a Burrell or Mclaren road engine. The lamps are approx 10inches tall.

£550 ONO.

Call me on 07871 577 132 or PM.