Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd September 2011, 07:17 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bryn Mallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfanwy View Post
I bet you were lucky to get away from there and still having wheels on your car
With respect John it's remarks like that, which does nothing to help the event, on the sunday there were well over 20 000 people in the park for this free event, £5000 had been spent on security, there were no problems whatsoever, no vandalism, no engines damaged, all the exhibitors agreed it was a well organised event, ok I am biased, as I did the commentary, but this event deserves to succeed and yes, I will be there next year, irrespective of the senseless rumours by people who weren't even there.
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd September 2011, 07:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Riley

myfanwy did you attend the birkenhead transport festival?

There were some really interesting people coming to look at this rally, not just the ones that go to every rally on the circuit, surely making more people aware/able to enjoy steam and related vintage vehicles the better.

We had a great night out in birkenhead too, no issues whatsoever.
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd September 2011, 08:58 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mike cole

I live just a couple of miles from Birkenhead Park and have been to all 4 rallys they have had. Over the four years the worst trouble i had seen was a couple of boys getting on the steam boat Mudlark and trying move the controls. They got moved on after about 15 seconds with no damage.There are some scallys in Birkenhead but no different to any other town.

Mike
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 27th September 2011, 09:51 PM
Engineer

Full Name: david guest
Default re birkenhead

i totaly agree with bryn mallion .there was no trouble at all .i was there with my fairground rides and found the people to be polite and well mannered when going on my rides .i had very long conversations from the public re my sons fairground organ from 20 year olds to 70 years old about how well it played and was looking forward to hearing it next year .just one thing to to make a note is dont tar all of the people with one brush .i am looking forward to attending next year as well as the steam engine men .thankyou once again for a number one show