Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th February 2018, 12:57 AM
Engineer

Full Name: James Littlewood
Default 4"+ road steam, working or project

Hi all,

Due to a change in circumstances I'm clearing out my entire collection of various vintage vehicles etc including my 4" Foster and am starting again from scratch. Just the way it's got to be.

Am looking to see what's out there (am more than familiar with the various dealership's websites etc) in terms of 4", 4 1/2", or even 6" road steam that's available. I'd normally prefer a traction engine, but to be honest I am pretty much open to anything. I'm looking for a fully sorted working engine, ideally, but I would be open to a part build or project, regardless of whether you have all the bits - so long as they can still be readily/easily obtained/made.

I'm looking to spend up to around £18k but would splash out more on something worthwhile. Of course that pretty much guarantees only a project in terms of 6" but I am quite OK with that...

Not in a rush as have got to wait for various sales to complete that are in their final stages at the moment.

Will of course want to come and see what I'm looking at in person, working, if I am buying what you're telling me is a working, complete engine!

Thanks in advance for any responses.

All the best,
James
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th March 2018, 07:49 PM
Engineer

I am finally in the closing stages of the main sale I have been waiting for before committing to anything... I still have various other options away from TT but would be happy to hear from anyone who has not already contacted me with anything else that might be around that meets my requirements.

Thanks.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th March 2018, 09:36 PM
Engineer

Due to some recent changes I may be able to spend a bit more! Anything steam and self propelled between 20k and 30k considered, in one piece or in many, might go even higher for the right thing... Feel free to PM, or you can call/text 07803 821323.

Images will always be asked for so make sure there's some on Google, or send some along!