Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 10th October 2012, 12:23 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Jack Hardman
Default Evening sun at the Oddies

This is for Blackjack, showing the engines who had a short run up to the "Oddies" on Saturday teatime

#12  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th October 2012, 05:52 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Guy Debes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud Foster View Post
But I did find him a perfect scale engineman for while he was out-of-commission...
It's strange what gets rammed down a chimney when the owner makes drunken phone calls at 2.30am trying to locate a his Cheshire based low loader bed for the night !
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th October 2012, 06:38 PM
Engineer

Jack and I would like to extend a huge thanks to all those who attended and especially to those engines which came long distances by low loader ~

John Johnson for bringing his excellent organ and superbly turned out Burrell Gold Medal which I was honoured to experience.
Mike Priestner and Sam for providing the lovely Evening Star and our evening lighting.
Will Woodward for the bringing the astounding MacLaren power house along with Jack and Sue Dibnah's famous Aveling.
Dave and Sue Cope for providing Tiger rides all weekend and for Sue showing the High Peak lads how to drink !
Dan and Colin Brothwell who overcame major transport problems to be there !

And a special thankyou to all those who roaded in ~

Dave and Nikki Ainsworth who made an incredible journey across the hills of the Peak District on Excelsior of 35 miles in 4 1/2 hours without stopping for water. I was privileged to ride back to Chapel on Excelsior and can only say WOW - the engine is so well sorted and in such fine mechanical order that it can go from manoeuvring steadily and smoothly around in top gear to charging down a dual carriageway with no hill seeming to steep for top !
The Clarke family for roading in from macclesfield with their smartly turned out Sentinel.
Dave Lomas for roading in with Earl E Riser in its usual impeccable state.
Frank and David Marchington for bringing Franks roller which has not been seen in public for many years.
Richard Metcalfe for his almost insane solo 18 mile road trip on the 6" Mac from Sutton to Buxworth in 3 hours across some of the most challenging roads in the country - the road trip to Buxworth passed without incident (a testiment to Richards driving skills), however the trip home was much quicker on Will's low loader (due to Richards lack of drinking skills....)

Thankyou to everyone who came as it was a great weekend, helped by the good weather, with live bands on Friday, Saturday and Sunday - planning for next years event is well underway and we hope to see even more there in the future.
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th October 2012, 07:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Neil Armstrong

Guy, can you post a large version of your avatar on TT?
  #15  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th October 2012, 08:25 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Nikki Eansworth

Thank you Guy and Jack for an enjoyable weekend. Sorry we couldn't stop longer as we wanted to get home in somewhat daylight!
Can say iv never been quite so happy to see Crich stand in the distance closing in on home!

Cheers
Nikki
  #16  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th October 2012, 10:42 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Sam Bozson

How were the firebars when you got home Nikki?

Fodens and Fosters, and all of the rest, they're only competing to be second best!
  #17  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th October 2012, 06:31 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSPS View Post
Guy, can you post a large version of your avatar on TT?
I'll try and find the original - that pic was taken on the 18th of December 2009 on a very wet and cold day on our way to an Air Ambulance charity fund raising event, we were burning some rather smokey local coal and the steam hung in the air for ages due to the freezing, still air which made it far more visible.

If I recall correrectly Mr Arrowsmith junior was at the controls as the engine approached the long climb from where the pic was taken. We set off with a team of 8 people which after the appauling weather (and Friday night stranded in an execellent ale house) had taken it toll was reduced to just Chris, Hal and myself to complete the 40 ish mile road trip - aah what we do for fun .....
  #18  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th October 2012, 05:32 PM
Engineer

Full Name: C. J. Arrowsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by single minded View Post
I'll try and find the original - that pic was taken on the 18th of December 2009 on a very wet and cold day on our way to an Air Ambulance charity fund raising event, we were burning some rather smokey local coal and the steam hung in the air for ages due to the freezing, still air which made it far more visible.

If I recall correrectly Mr Arrowsmith junior was at the controls as the engine approached the long climb from where the pic was taken. We set off with a team of 8 people which after the appauling weather (and Friday night stranded in an execellent ale house) had taken it toll was reduced to just Chris, Hal and myself to complete the 40 ish mile road trip - aah what we do for fun .....
That was a good weekend!! Climbing the Hill between Ashford In The Water and Sheldon was phenomenal.

ps please can you send me that email of the smokebox drawing