Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd July 2013, 06:42 PM
Oily Rag

Full Name: Darren Newton
Default Seaside Steam & Vintage Rally 2013

Hi All,
I am running a Steam & Vintage Rally in Ingolmells, Skegness on the 27th & 28th July 2013.
We are looking for exhibitors for the rally.
We are based at the Queen Elizabeth Playing Fields, A52 Chapel Road, Ingolmells. With a couple of road runs on both days, beer tent with entertainment we are hoping to make this an annual event on the Lincolnshire Coast.

We are looking for Traction engines, stationary engines, miniature engines, classic vehicles and anything in-between.
Exhibitors lunch is going to be provided free of charge at our BBQ.

Coal will be provided as well as attendance fees dependant on exhibit.

Large Traction / Steam -- upto £150

Miniature Steam -- upto £40

Anything else - upto £20

I would love to give more but with this being a new event this is the most i can offer at this moment. On the day it may be possible to give more but until we know how much we have taken it's the best i can do so far.
Exhibitors who support this year will be entitled to more in following years as a show of our support for their support this year.

The website is www.seasidesteam.com and you can find the online exhibitor form at http://www.seasidesteam.com/bookmein
Any question please message me or leave a comment and i will do my best to answer them.

Thanks for your support.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 10th July 2013, 11:34 AM
Oily Rag

Ok this year i have secured £400 for each large steamer or showmans vehicle that can attend. the first 4 that send me a message can have that.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th July 2013, 05:35 PM
Oily Rag

Default Rally Postponed

Ok after all the hype and planning we have had to postpone the rally until September this year.
The County Council, who haven't been involved at all so far have now come back to us and said that the school playing fields we had been given permission to use by the local parish council was to undergo drainage and repair work over the July and August period when the school holidays were happening.
So i will be posting a new date in the next couple of days after talks with the County Council.

Anyone booked in who has received passes will receive the new date shortly but all passes will still be valid.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th July 2013, 04:06 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: paul

Still be coming when the new date is announce
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th July 2013, 04:09 PM
Oily Rag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaside Steam View Post
Ok after all the hype and planning we have had to postpone the rally until September this year.
The County Council, who haven't been involved at all so far have now come back to us and said that the school playing fields we had been given permission to use by the local parish council was to undergo drainage and repair work over the July and August period when the school holidays were happening.
So i will be posting a new date in the next couple of days after talks with the County Council.

Anyone booked in who has received passes will receive the new date shortly but all passes will still be valid.

Ok, again, After a slight miscommunication, My Fault, The event is still on as planned. I got the wrong end of the stick and didn't realise the message that was passed to me. Chinese Whispers.

THE EVENT IS BACK ON AND WE ARE GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED. THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR SO PLEASE FORGIVE THE MESS. STILL TRAINING.

Tags
lincolnshire, rally, roadrun, steam, vintage