Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th August 2011, 07:33 PM
Engineer

Full Name: :
Default Church Stretton 1961 - 2011

As part of the County Of Salop Steam Engine Society's 50th anniversary celebrations, the sound of steam once more returned to the streets of Church Stretton today as around ten engines congregated in and around the town's streets:

Following a buffet lunch at the Buck's Head, five of the engines travelled 12 miles across to Bishop's Castle in readiness for the Society's anniversary road run in just under two week's time.

For further snaps taken today, both at Church Stretton and upon the engines arrival at Bishop's Castle, have a look at the album.

Things are certainly starting to take shape for an impressive celebration over the bank holiday weekend!

Last edited by Mine Explorer; 13th August 2011 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: butter fingers can't spell!
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th August 2011, 09:07 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Andrew Bradbury

A cracking little do - thanks to those who organised it and those who attended.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th August 2011, 09:22 AM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

Yes, a super day out. Some of us are still wandering round in dressing gowns here having slept it off.

Thanks to Edward and those at COSSES who organised the event. I think we as a hobby should do more of this sort of thing. We seemed to be well recieved by the residents and visitors to Church Stretton.

We had a short run over from Stokesay in the morning, But the run over from Church Stretton to Bishops Castle was one of the most challenging I've done all year, 1st of all because there was photographers in every layby so I couldn't pull over to oil up! also because had to change down a gear to go up a hill. It was a pity more of the engines didn't participate in the run.

Thanks too to Ian Cooper and Bleddyn my nephew for coming along to assist father having to keep off the engine. Nice too to see 'Shropshire Lad' at the levers of an engine again, even if he was a little rusty.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th August 2011, 09:14 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Andrew Wheeler

Just to say a thank you from us to Edward, John and everyone else in the team who helped with the event. We had a really enjoyable day, as Hedd said the run from Stretton to Bishops castle was interesting. We had a stop at Bow house Holiday Park, 3 Sentinels, a Stanly, an old lorry, The sound of Hedd's Marshall pulling up a steady bank outside was a special moment which wilkl stay in my mind for a long while. Lovely cup of tea and a cake. Kind Regards Andrew