View Single Post
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th July 2015, 01:44 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bruce Smith

I want as a punter yesterday, I only managed to count 10 full size, give into Matts 11, as may have missed one somehow (3 were from Simon Webbs collection i.e. VERY local). I chatted to friends and exhibits in most areas, and sadly all were unhappy. For full size, apart from no financial help with costs, the coal allowance had been reduced by 25% to six bags for the weekend, no movement other than to the ring a back. So after this, around late morning, many told me that with lack of coal, and no movement anyway they would let they fires go slowly out. Was told by four, that they wouldn't be returning next year.
The models guys also had a no movement restriction, so much so that that Doug Fleet was told off for just turning his Foden around to face the correct way in the line up !!!! And again later when he stopped on his permitted way back from the ring to buy some lunch !! Told to return straight back to his peg. As the day went on I did notice more movement from the model guys, as I think they became more rebellious ! Many said that they wouldn't be returning next year.
Chatted to a friend on the stationary engine line up (was had laid out in a different, and poor way), he told me, he and others were not happy, and would not be returning next year. Also as he faced one of the two rings there, he told me that arena events seemed to be down too, at least in that ring.
I did notice many, many empty pegs and space though out the show field, even in areas strong in support (normally) of the FMPS, such as tractors, so much so that I took photos to prove to friends that were not there, as I'm sure that will not believe me when relaying the show to them !! May even post on here if anybody feels they need to see them.
Mrs Bungle and I stayed chatting to friends until around 10.30pm last night, and sadly the unhappy theme ran though every conversation we had. It will take an awful lot to turn this once good show back around, I hope in time that it can be done, but I am fearful for it's future at this moment in time.

Bungle
Traders told me that pitch fees had been increased by 50% (!), which explained the reduced trade and food stands.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have got an electrical problem !