Thread: Onslow
View Single Post
  #29  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th August 2014, 07:26 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

I agree with Barry, the Tanners Reunion was excellent. Speaking to various people it went down well with many of the punters who were from the border farming community.

For me I have to say I continue to be impressed with the way it is run, no hassle no fuss, I cant say I felt over stewarded, not even when we steam tractor boys were mud plugging at speed in order to get in the ring on the Monday, whats more there were lots of tractors provided by the society for pulling stuck tack out today.

Yes I heard the grumbles about the ques, but this year was odd. A forecast that promised a midling day on the sunday and a terrible one on Monday meant that more or less everyone who wanted to visit the show did so on Sunday, you cannot cater for two days punters in one.

A show that gets consistently gets so many punters that they are watching the grand parade 5 and 6 deep like they were on Sunday are not doing a lot wrong!.

We had a smashing time with some super people. I met so many people that I was beginning to forget who people I had known for years were!.