View Single Post
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th July 2016, 08:18 PM
Oily Rag

Full Name: Vanda Galer
Default For Sale Foden type steam waggon boiler

Even if this is not for you, please bring to the attention of anyone you know that might be looking to build a steam lorry ....

This Foden type steam wagon boiler was designed and built by Alan McEwen and constructed to BSS 2790 Class 1 in 2005. An exceptionally well constructed loco-type boiler that has never been steamed except for the steam test following manufacture.

Approximate length 6 feet; boiler barrel 24 inches diameter; 37 off 1 1/2inch diameter smoke tubes

Was fully certificated by Royal Sun Alliance Insurance when built and includes C.E. Stamp

Max W.P. 160 psi

Additionally there is a partially completed steam cylinder block and other components

Plans available

Buyer will be responsible for moving and transportation costs

My late husband commissioned this boiler and it cost him £15,000 to have it built (I still have the bills). He was planning to build a steam lorry. I have it advertised on e-Bay for £5,000 but I really want it to become 'live' and so I am very happy to discuss any sensible offers. My phone number is 07979751010, e-mail: vanda.galer@btinternet.com and I am happy to try and answer any questions etc and very happy for you to view.