View Single Post
  #15  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th November 2016, 11:04 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mike Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhead21 View Post
The idea of the event is to raise money for children in need.
So I would of thought being a few quid out of pocket did not matter.
Especially as it will promote steam as well.
At the end of the day this is a commercially run event, all of the production staff and event suppliers will be contracted on a professional basis and will charge accordingly, clearly it is pure coincidence that the host is employed by the BBC and the chosen charity has very close links with the BBC, Car fest can be plugged continually on the breakfast show as a result of this connection.
Anybody attending with an engine will almost certainly be viewed as another supplier by those doing the production, these sort of events employ freelance health and safety consultants that can make life very difficult, I would advise anyone considering attending to charge accordingly, theres nothing worse than jumping through hoops at the request of a youth with a clipboard and ending up out of pocket for doing so.
I have worked as a supplier to the corporate event industry for over 25 years so know how things actually work, Children in need is a great cause , but dont sell yourselves short if you attend this event.