View Single Post
  #48  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th July 2008, 07:36 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: jane
Thumbs up

Just by way of, I hope , constructive comment, the only downside I was aware of (on behalf of model steam, not ourselves) was the separate camping regarding steam exhibits.I do appreciate the reasons for separate fields, but with the smaller steam, if they fail to get steam up or have other problems it could mean they are stuck in the camping field all day.Also they do need a lot of 'gubbins' around them to keep them steaming all day so for the smaller scales its quite a trek back and forth to the camping field.(This is a real problem if they run out of steam on the rally field, and have to push the engine all the way back, they may be small but are still heavy!!)We were very appreciative that we were allowed our trailer by our exhibit today, as it doubles as cover from weather,allowing it to still be on display... otherwise visitors would just have seen a tarpaulin! and we would have been sitting in the car park for shelter.(also, as im hobbling about on a cast, it made a huge difference to me ...so many thanks for that :-))

but as i said..hats off to the organisers...a great show

Last edited by beej; 5th July 2008 at 07:48 PM..