View Single Post
  #23  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th September 2012, 10:15 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roy Lambeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy bee View Post
So, is Bishops castle two days?

Where is one best to go on the Saturday, and a Sunday respectiveley, having never been before. Times,Locations, etc?
Two glorious days.
Sat. Engines come up out of the wood yard mid-morning and assemble in the cattle market. A grand parade statrts at the top of the town about midday, which the steam contingent join at the bottom of the hill, then it is back to the cattle market for the afternoon static display until about 4pm
Around 7pm a few engines go up to the top of the town and stand on display until around midnight. To me, the best part of the weekend with pubs (including one of the oldest micro breweries in the UK) plus hot food shops and a big crowd.
Sunday. Th engines come out of the wood yard mid-morning and stay on display in the cattle market until about 4pm, which is followed by the Grand Parade before everyone heads for home.
It depends on how long you have to spare. I go both days. The Sat evening is to me by far the best part of the weekend