View Single Post
  #19  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd May 2013, 05:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: anthony cowell

We too had a fantastic weekend and would like to say a big thankyou to Sir and Lady Mcalpine, Martin Fagg and all the organising team at Fawley Hill. This rally was simply delightful. From the start we were told it was a common sense rally and to basically do as we wished as long as it was safe to do so. We were given a generous allocation of good coal, the site was in a beautifull setting, there was a very good vintage fairground, the catering stalls were all good, the entertaiment at night and through the day was varied and good , the stalls were interesting and of good quality and the on site railway and accompaning museum is simply mind blowing. I had heard of Fawley Hill before but this was our first visit and we came away extremely impressed. The one comment that summed the event up for me came from my wife as we drove home, she is not over enamoured with the steam rally scene but commented and I quote "Well if all steam rallies were like that I would want to attend more often" . Thanks again to all concerned.