Thread: foster wheels
View Single Post
  #30  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st November 2013, 07:25 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Piers

2k seems to be the default Ebay-price for such kit. Quite why is beyond me. I guess it's a 'retail' value plucked from somewhere; auction values over the past few years seem to be a quarter of that (at the very most) for a machine in a similar condition.

The Foster drum was also badly listed from the point of view of a sale. A badly listed Ransomes machine sold on Ebay earlier this year for less than 200 quid, only to be promptly relisted by the new owner for around 2k buy-it-now. It certainly sold, although I am not sure what the final deal price was.

It could be worth putting a 'wanted' ad in Tractor & Machinery Magazine, Chris. Or sit it out until something comes up at auction or Ebay.

My advice (for what it's worth) would be to go for the Foster iron wheels that Adam M. spoke of, dispose of the Clayton ones (maybe to me) so at least it's on Foster wheels. This will put you may be in a better position to bargain with another individual with a Foster machine but who wants rid of his tired old wooden wheels.