View Single Post
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th May 2018, 12:04 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Adam Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy bee View Post
Yes you can weight up any tractor, including a TM. The base tractor however starts off heavier that was my point.

We have used TM 190's in anger lots of times with no problems, must depend who is using them.

I'd stick to the TM190.

In all honesty though, most engines will be shunted by a telehandler as per my original post, so this TW TM discussion is not really relevant here.
we've both depends on what you want to move and where, telehandler has crab and 4 wheel steer but hasn't the poke that the tw has its also rubbish on the road and gets hot when you flog it, it has a pick up hitch but not really up to moving its self far let alone towing much. it'll pick up 3 ton and boom out 7 meters.
The tw will pull any thing (you can easily brake stuff) but with practice i can back a four wheel trailer/ engine / drum onto our low loader in one go... its also handy on the road and at other jobs... if we had a concreted yard and a lorry i'd manage wth the telehandler, but tbh for shunting the tractor is heavier therefor better.