View Single Post
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th August 2021, 09:32 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Thomas Bowden

My Grandson who I introduced to Rallies when he was 13 years old as his father was not interested, and myself both enjoy attending our local rallies in Devon and Cornwall and like everyone else we have not been able to do so for the last couple of years. Like everyone else we miss our rallies. We were looking forward to being able to attend this one and my neighbour had agreed to look after my dog. However, it is not just Cornwall that has seen Covid spread like wildfire but Devon as well. We have both had our second jabs however it looks like originating from Cornwall that there could be a new variant of the Delta Strain of the virus. 53,000 thousand people attended the recent Surfing and Music Boardmasters Festival in Newquay two weeks ago and over 5,000 of them have since come down with Coronavirus. Newquay now has the highest rate of infection in England now. My grandson and myself are isolating again as we do not want to be part of the 10% of the UK population who have had Covid. We are sorry that we will not be attending this event however, our health and wellbeing come first.